Boers and website.

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by AlaskaBoers, Jul 23, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    http://northstarboergoats.bravehost.com

still alot to do with the site, i'd like some comments and suggestions to make it better. also could I get opinions on the buck and does? i know the photos arent set-up...(will get some at the fair) but theyre standing okay.

thanks

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Don't have time to look through all of it...but...I really like the home page, the only change i'd make is with the welcome!...I would change the color to black, the yellow is somewhat hard to look at and read. I would like more description on the buck page, but i'm sure you're still working on it. Overall I think it's coming together nicely. :thumb:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: judge some boer please

I didn't know you did art work like that Katrina? :shocked: woe amazing....you are very ...very good....here you were telling me how good I am ....wow ...you are very talented as well... :greengrin:

OK website suggestions:
    Is there any way... to get your title heading.. North Star Boer Goats... Boer Goats in the Last Frontier centered on the top ...then maybe member USBGA..CAE tested..washington state university...and Bio tracking...be moved to the bottom of the page...put them across horizontally..

move the welcome and picture of North Star's Zenith to the center and make the pic bigger.. ...North Star's Zenith's name is hard to read and the welcome doesn't pop out there to really see it ...
    center all wording underneath
    Maybe move the egg info to the bottom as where the Genetics was...

Now move the Boer goats with genetics including:
    where the egg info was..

Do the same with your other pages ...center and move the ads...per say to the bottom areas

:clap:
    North Star Odin is a nice buck ....as you mentioned he isn't setup.....
    can't tell on his length because of the picture angle...he has good thickness...
    pedigree on his page..would be useful....

North Star is gorgeous ...I like her...
    in that picture... she is young there .... and looks very nice.. try too get an updated photo of her....... :wink:

North Star's Zenith is a very nice doe....she has alot of length showing...with feminine head and neck...nice level top line.. :)

North Star Katie...she is nice to ...

RHR Moose Street Calypso...is also nice .......... the angle of the shot.. is hard to judge her....as you mentioned before ....they are not setup....

Hope this helps .....If you don't want... to make the changes... it is perfectly OK ...just a suggestion.. :thumbup:

So do You only have... 1 FB boer doe?

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    looks good - the only thing I would do is move the pages so that the bucks page is after the does page and the forsale page is after that.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    THANK YOU! kelebek and Toth.

okay I will get everything centered and same colors..pedigrees, and more info is being written on a word doc in case the internet fails. :shocked: dont want to lose half a pg of info. :doh:

thanks for the nice comments on the art :hug: , I need to get more of it up there...after the goats of course :)

yeah I cant wait to get them all cleaned up and at the fair, I'll take pics then...there set-up anyway.

yeah I only have 1 fb doe, star, but copper penny ranch in ID is planning on a road trip up here..and there bringing FB does to me, hopefully everything works out, because I really need more boers, to keep up with the demand, and so jack frost has something to breed! lol, odin isnt impressing me with his breeding so far, he hasnt expressed any interest in does. which is really frusterating, maybe hes more of a seasonal breeder but arent boers supposed to breed all yr??? last time I checked they did! :hair:

well off to work on it..hows the color scheme? should i go darker?

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey why dont you add the picture of the one you did for me .... btw I will send that money soon just waiting on my pay check tomorrow then I can let you know if I have the money after I buy the feed I ordered :sigh:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I hope to make an art-only website for myself soon, that will show all of my commissions that i've done.and have info on ordering...I have one comission so far, still trying to get a good pic of it though.

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    okay did alot more changes and added pedigrees. in the future i'd like to have pics of the sires and dams on the pedigree, so I'll have to start taking pictures! :greengrin: thanks everyone

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    anyone know how to look in the trash folder on gmail??

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    click trash -- why? do you have gmail I can talk to you via googlechat

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    click on the "more" then it will show the trash folder

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    found it..thanks.

:thumb:

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    well ...would you look at that.....your site looks great....the changes are beautiful..... what do you think Katrina...are you happy with it? That is what matters.... :wink: :greengrin: :hug:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah looks alot more organized, all i need know is info on the goats.

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so happy you like it.....I love the way it looks to....great job.. :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh yeah...and better pictures! I also need a few more goats...fullblood to put on my site :wink:

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Pictures are...#1 key and important to your site...people love to see them.... updating as your kids grow... is a fun way.. to watch... how they progress.... you can still keep.. there baby pics on there...if you wish...and ad... as they grow and change... :wink: :greengrin:

18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I just changed the colors, I made them 2-3 shades darker.

http://northstarboergoats.bravehost.com

thanks everybody for the help, if you see something that still bugging you let me know, also what can I do with those empty boxes on the right side (they have to be in the layout)

19. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    okay i made a links page, if you want your farm on there send me your url, and a picture or logo...also a 'snippet' about your farm, location and what breed you raise.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Maybe put the head shot of your buck from your aviator or the one of him in Flickr.. in the spot...and one of the does head shots in the other... Or even use any of the other pics from flickr..... :wink:

I like the color change :greengrin: :thumbup: Looking great

I would use some of those pics from your flickr account ....for your site... :greengrin:

advertise your LGD maybe on your front page
    use some of your goat pics to...there are some great ones in there... :wink:

Love all those pics...the horse art is beautiful :wink: