The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following are pictures of the buck that I am using for my girls. His name is simply, "spot", 2 yrs old. lives in my town. Paying $25.00 a doe and he stays here for 3 weeks I provide food. Tell me what you "HONESTLY" think of him :pray:

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yesterday my doe in the red collar "spice" was in season, she was flagging like crazy and boy the 2 lovebirds was just loving on eachother. Snuggling and sniffing and tongue flapping and following each other around. My other girl in the blue collar "Sugar" was feeling left out, the buck would chase her off, not roughly. The 2 lovebirds would go snuggle up and sleep and leave her out. They would eat together and the buck would chase her off, she would then try and chase off Spice because she is used to dominating her, and he wouldn't allow her. She literally came over and sighed and laid her head into me and breathed like she was pouting! When we 1st put the buck in the pen she tried to dominate him, she demanded his attention and would run in front of him getting his attention with her tail flattened against her back. Now she isn't the center of attention and she doesn't know what to think. Although she now is starting to come into heat and he is paying her more attention again. IN these pictures, you can tell spice has been bred but sugar has not yet. plus spice now walks around with her tail down while spices tail is always up. Last 3 are Sugar, she cant wait to be bred. They are 4 yrs old and 1st time meeting a buck let alone breeding. There enjoying:hi5: it! My other Does want to get over to him. Been trying to escape. Gotten loose a couple times, but not over to him. Woot Woot! Pics was taken today, but yesterday spice pouch was more swollen and pink then this.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one last try! ALL these should be of Spice. Taken today. IF these work then the next posts of pics will be Sugars pooch.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These will be Sugars Pooch, she's not been bred "yet" that I am aware of.....

AS far as the cold,Yes I am too a high of 18 degrees....low of -2 The high the rest of the week is low 40's Welcome to Laramie Wyoming where its always colder then the rest of the state!!!! Laramie is located in a valley that is basically a bowl with mountains on all sides only opening is toward the North SO the cold air can just pour in and fill us up!

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yesterday Spices pooch was more puff and swollen and pinkish red then it is today. She's not standing for him now. I have him for 2 more weeks so IF either doesn't take prayerfully they will go back in season before he leaves and can try 1 last time before he goes. :D About a week after he goes home, then my Lamancha Buck comes to visit for a month. He will have 3 girls to take care of. 2 he is acquainted with, 1 he's not.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im wondering, is there the possibility he missed the mark? I mean tried and all but got to high or not positioned right and such? I can tell Im going to worry till I know for "sure" she is settled....ugh :ponder::eek:hlala::GAAH::thinking::hammer::whatgoat::crazy:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree Billyjane, why he named him spot is beyond me, but then he isn't the friendliest of sorts (the owner) He looks at his animals as business and that's that, Bucks aren't supposed to be pets to quote him. He's been a very well behaved nice buck, just wont let you touch him. He was brought in with a rope around his horns, not touched the man man acted scared of him. I haven't had any issues with him, however when I touch him he jumps like he is terrified. I wish I had the $ to buy him, but then I don't have a place to keep him away from the ladies when not needing his service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.