The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Tracy and I'm so happy to have found this site. I've been lurking for quite awhile now and figured it was time to say Hi :)
My husband and I own a smallish boer ranch in North Texas. I love the boers but stay pretty emotionally detached from them for obvious reasons, though I do have a few favorites....
A few months ago though I had the opportunity to purchase a La Mancha doe in milk with her 2 mini doe kids to help take care of orphaned boer kids. It didn't take long for me to become completely obsessed with all things dairy! Coffee, the doe, has adopted 3 boer kids and is the best momma to them and will even still allow her own daughters to nurse when they manage to squeeze through a gate to get to her.
Since Coffee, I have bought 3 registered La Mancha does, one of them in milk and have rescued 2 Nubians. I have also decided to keep one of the mini mancha girls, Cosette, who is my profile pic.
I look forward to sharing goat stories and learning more :cool:

Attached is a picture of Coffee and Sarah, they bully everyone else in the dairy part of the barn but love each other!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Welcome!! Cute girls you have there :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts