The Goat Spot Forum banner

Boers4ever’s Kidding Thread 2023

1707 Views 90 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  toth boer goats
WHOO HOO!!!! IT IS TIME!!! My first doe is due to kid in 4 days!! I absolutely can’t wait! This is the first year that all my kids will be half myotonic instead of Boer. My hope my new buck Stumble will pull through for me.
First off, Poppy is the first one due. However, she is mostly ND and she has a tendency to go a little earlier then normal. Last year she had triplets. She was the first doe I ever had and she is my precious baby. I get worried about her sometimes when she is about to kid, but she has always done great and is a great mama.
*actually I just separated her into a kidding stall because she wouldn’t eat this morning. She is wondering around with glazed eyes kinda screaming and looking for her unborn kids. I hope for kids pretty quick!!! Whoop!
Dog breed Goat Working animal Terrestrial animal Goat-antelope

Terrestrial animal Goat Goat-antelope Snout Livestock

Otherwise I have 3 other does.
Annabelle is due in a week. She is a white Boer. This will be her second kidding. Dottie is also a Boer and has an unknown due date, and same for Storm, my only Spanish doe.
I will post pics of them later after I deal with Poppy. Wish her luck, and lots of doelings for everyone!!
See less See more
  • Care
Reactions: 5
61 - 80 of 91 Posts
They are pretty boys!! Love their color! Looks like beautiful kidding weather and such a nice spot to have them! Congrats!
Reactions: 4
Too cute. 😊
Congratulations Dottie!!
I love how they can kid outside in the sunshine.
I am happy you are so happy with your new buck and the kids!
Reactions: 3
Aww 🥰 they are all so lovely!!
I love how they can kid outside in the sunshine.
I am happy you are so happy with your new buck and the kids!
I am so happy with Stumble thus far! He himself has been an easy keeper and not aggressive to the younger wethers in his pen. He is very high on the fainting scale, but that just makes him funny. And all the kids born has his bright blue eyes! Storm’s little doeling has such light blue eyes that they are almost white! So pretty.
I watched Dottie today and decided to let her kid in the pasture with the herd. I could’ve put her up and I struggled with whether I should. But it was warm and sunny today. Truthfully, I wanted to see her kid as naturally as possible. I wanted to see what she would do with them in a herd dynamic, and it was so incredible to watch! After they were steady on their feet and had nursed, she took them into the herd and the others kinda incorporated them into the group. I’ve never seen that before. It’s like all the other mamas recognized the new babies as Dottie’s and excepted them as part of the herd. So awesome.
See less See more
  • Love
  • Care
I am so happy with Stumble thus far! He himself has been an easy keeper and not aggressive to the younger wethers in his pen. He is very high on the fainting scale, but that just makes him funny. And all the kids born has his bright blue eyes! Storm’s little doeling has such light blue eyes that they are almost white! So pretty.
I watched Dottie today and decided to let her kid in the pasture with the herd. I could’ve put her up and I struggled with whether I should. But it was warm and sunny today. Truthfully, I wanted to see her kid as naturally as possible. I wanted to see what she would do with them in a herd dynamic, and it was so incredible to watch! After they were steady on their feet and had nursed, she took them into the herd and the others kinda incorporated them into the group. I’ve never seen that before. It’s like all the other mamas recognized the new babies as Dottie’s and excepted them as part of the herd. So awesome.
Stumble sounds great!! I love blue eyes too.
I really want to try the natural way if I’m there for my girls kidding, it sounds perfect!
All of the babies are adorable!
Well I only have one doe left to kid. Annabelle. Which is turning into the bane of my existence. Her due date was yesterday (150 days) and she is showing ZERO signs of kidding anytime soon. I am slowly melting over here lol
Plant Grass Grazing Terrestrial animal Groundcover
See less See more
  • Goat
Well, at least your weather looks likes it’s holding out nicely for you in case she does decide to be sneaky about it!
Hopefully she goes soon 🍀😊🍀
Good luck, Annabelle!
Well she was definitely sneaky about it! Look what I found! Twin bucklings again!
Plant Goat Fawn Terrestrial animal Grazing

Fawn Grass Natural landscape Terrestrial animal Goat
See less See more
  • Love
  • Wow
  • Care
How cute. 😊
  • Care
Congratulations!! Another set of cute little nature kids!! 🥰
  • Care
She looks quite pleased with herself- and she should be! They look big and healthy! All dried off and enjoying the sunshine 🥰
  • Care
That sneaky girl. Such beautiful babies. Congratulations.
  • Goat
  • Care
They are precious! And All look healthy! Congrats!!🥰
lol love catching up seeing your post about her being overdue and you melting, then next post she snuck and had her babies lol! They are adorable! Congrats on another great kidding surprise! She looks proud of herself over it too!
  • Care
Suprise 🐐🐐🥰 they’re too cute! Congratulations 😁🤗😊
  • Care
Awww, so cute!! Sneaky Annabelle!! 🐐🥰🤩😄
  • Care
61 - 80 of 91 Posts