The Goat Spot Forum banner

Boers4ever’s Kidding Thread 2023

3K views 90 replies 24 participants last post by  toth boer goats 
#1 ·
WHOO HOO!!!! IT IS TIME!!! My first doe is due to kid in 4 days!! I absolutely can’t wait! This is the first year that all my kids will be half myotonic instead of Boer. My hope my new buck Stumble will pull through for me.
First off, Poppy is the first one due. However, she is mostly ND and she has a tendency to go a little earlier then normal. Last year she had triplets. She was the first doe I ever had and she is my precious baby. I get worried about her sometimes when she is about to kid, but she has always done great and is a great mama.
*actually I just separated her into a kidding stall because she wouldn’t eat this morning. She is wondering around with glazed eyes kinda screaming and looking for her unborn kids. I hope for kids pretty quick!!! Whoop!
Dog breed Goat Working animal Terrestrial animal Goat-antelope

Terrestrial animal Goat Goat-antelope Snout Livestock

Otherwise I have 3 other does.
Annabelle is due in a week. She is a white Boer. This will be her second kidding. Dottie is also a Boer and has an unknown due date, and same for Storm, my only Spanish doe.
I will post pics of them later after I deal with Poppy. Wish her luck, and lots of doelings for everyone!!

See less See more
#24 ·
Such pretty babies! [emoji7] Does that brown kid have blue eyes? And I see it was daylight when she had them. So lucky! [emoji23]
Yes! All three have blue eyes like their dad. I was hoping for that. I love love blue eyes. It’s one of the reasons I got Stumble in the first place.
Yeah! In the daylight! Thank goodness! Last year I was helping her with a breach at midnight in a dark cold barn. That was miserable! Thankfully no breaches this year from her.

#30 ·
I spent a few minutes with them this morning and they all did well through the cold 20*F night. Poppy still has some bloody stuff but she wasn’t pawing and scratching anymore and she was excited for her breakfast. Also I forgot to mention that I had to dry the little blackie up with a towel and warm her. She got too cold to nurse. But thank goodness that she is nursing on her own today.
I weighed them and they weigh 4.6, 4.0, and 3.8 pounds. Poppy’s trips last year weighed a pound more each but they had a Boer daddy. So I am figuring that this is a sign that the kids this year will be a little smaller then I’m used to. With straight ears too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.