The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,
Unfortunately Bonnie began aborting earlier, she gave "birth" to a sac with what appears to be a softball size sac.

She doesn't seem to be contracting anymore but she has this mass hanging out.

Question: she will not let us really help her but do we need to try to get it out. Or would it be better to letter her expel it. She seems to be fine other than this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
It is not safe to just pull it out. You could make her bleed. See how far or long she lets it hang. Give her vit b complex and maybe some banemine. Some mollases water. If she eats well keep her well watered and fed. If the sac keeps hanging then maybe let the vet ultrasound to check if there are no complications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,208 Posts
Hi MadCatX, (console)So sorry to hear about Bonnie. The mass might be the placenta passing. If this is the case, would be best to let her pass it naturally. Give her some warm molasses water and just keep an eye out. Usually there is a waiting period before another kid and/or the after birth, and the contractions begin again. Talk to the vet if the mass won't pass on it's own.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,629 Posts
Gang,
Unfortunately Bonnie began aborting earlier, she gave "birth" to a sac with what appears to be a softball size sac.

She doesn't seem to be contracting anymore but she has this mass hanging out.

Question: she will not let us really help her but do we need to try to get it out. Or would it be better to letter her expel it. She seems to be fine other than this.
awwww i am sorry! Some calcium ricch food might help her contract stronger to get it cleaned out. Or human calcium gummies. It might take a few hours for her to expel everything. Selenium comes to mind with this type of thing happening.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
8,066 Posts
Do you know why she aborted? Got rammed, sick, etc? You might want to determine if Chlamadia could be to blame. A course of LA-200 for her and the buck may be called for- your vet would be the best one for that decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
So sorry that happened! Glad she is acting normal now.
It seems a lot of people are reporting about breeding difficulties this season, whether it is does not taking or abortions.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
8,066 Posts
I always wonder if it isn't the feed we are all feeding- Spring was wet, summer so-so etc. Maybe something is lacking-around here a lot of people had trouble with breeding (no heats until Nov or Dec) and lackluster ruts, etc. A lot of poor body condition. Of course the vets are of no help with nutrition and such- they have no interest in learning, either...
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top