Boots' twins - DOB 26 August 2008 - pics!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Aug 29, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    This week has been a real crummy week - except for the twins being born. I have had someone wanting a buckling from either Boots or Lola for a friend for her mini horse. Lola had a doeling so we were excited to see bucklings from Boots. This girl has waited 2 months for this baby!

Monday, I realized that something is just not right with me. I am tired all the time, I am either starving or don't eat for a day or two. I am forgeting common sense stuff that we do daily that I should in no way be forgeting.

Tuesday, my husband was in an accident that totaled our "daily driver - gas car" since we live 40 minutes each way from my work and an hour from his work. We used this car to car pool back and forth and save about $600.00 a month in gas.

Wednesday, my son called from football practice saying that the sports trainer thought that he had fractured his ankle (some trainer, I looked at it and could tell right out that it was not fractured - and I was right!)

Thursday, hubby was having issues with his glucose being to high them bottoming out - he was a J-E-R-K! (He is diabetic)

Today, he still is even more of a booger!

But good news - 2 healthy twin boys were born and I pick up my 4 new goaties today!

Anyway, without further ado - here are the boys!

The bigger boy

12 hours old

[​IMG]

2 1/2 days old (this morning)

[​IMG]

The smaller boy (I wish this one was a doeling - I would have retained in a heartbeat!)

12 hours old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 1/2 days old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Together!

[​IMG]

Thier 1/2 sister who is also thier aunt (Flopsy)- sounds like the song! LOL!

[​IMG]

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    So cute! Are those blue eyes?

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The boys, and their sister / aunt were all born with blue eyes, but within a couple days they went to a real light auburn. They are real pretty!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Now to me it is quite obvious that the 1/2 sister was sired by the Nigerian - but looking at the twin boys, do you think my Nigerian is the sire (pure white) or the Boer?? The boys have floppy ears, where the doeling has airplane.

Also the dam to the boys is 50% Boer, 50% saanan with floppy ears. I just noticed the ear thing when I posted pics of all three of them!

5. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    First - the kids are adorable, glad that worked out so well.

I can totally, completely, 100% relate to the frustration of you losing your daily driver car. My husband totaled our daily driving car last week!! Thankfully, it seems neither of our men were hurt. We are left with one vehicle that is a F350 crew cab/dually diesel truck. It's killing us in fuel costs, my hubby literally couldn't afford to drive to two appointments earlier this week because of the distance in that truck. Not to mention trying to figure out how to get kids to appointments, etc. with only one car. We live out in the country so there's no walking to town. I'm sorry for both of us. :cry:

Hope your weekend is a really great one. My son just called and he's coming home from college for the weekend so we are really jazzed - we miss him so much!

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Yes, I didn't notice the ears at first, but they do look like they might have been sired by the Boer. I
    would imagine they would be more erect if the Nigerian was the sire (?). Obviously, I'm no expert. So
    cute though!

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I forgot, I'm so glad your hubby(s) weren't hurt in those accidents! If the other driver was at fault you
    should be able to get some sort of settlement to purchase another vehicle?

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    This is so weird! We totaled our truck this week as well! They are just too adorable! Makes me so anxious to see what CowGirl has!

:stars:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry :cry: about the problems you are going through ,but very glad that everyone is alright...........................

those kids are so cute and I believe that the sire could be the boer......... :sun:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison, you had one heck of a week!! Hope you are feeling better and that hubby wasn't hurt....and his blood sugar levels out...those twins are adorable! The doeling may end up with ears like Flopsy, but the boy looks to be keeping his boer ears...adorable!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Liz - the twins that were born are both bucklings (although I really wish the spotted one was a female) and then flopsy is a doeling from another goatie.

So lets see if I can type this without totally confusing you! LOL!

Boots is Lola's dam. Flopsy is Lola's doeling. Which makes Boots Flopsy's grandma. The twin bucklings were born to Boots so they would be uncle's to Flopsy HOWEVER all 3 babies MAY have the same sire, Gabriel. So they might be 1/2 brothers and sister along with uncle's and neice. LOL! :shocked:

Have you ever heard that song "I am my own Grandfather"???? :ROFL: :ROFL:

12. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I am glad you got that all figured out. I got lost after the first few words. :? :? :?
    Andi

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    pictures are to big for me to get an accurate look at all of them.

But if I remember correctly Flopsy had floppy ears and then they want airplane -- the boys could do the same

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Stacey -

Flopsy had the airplane ears since she was born. I looked at the pics to confirm - and yeppers - airplanes! LOL!

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I thought somewhere i had seen pictures of her with floppy ears -- guess not than

16. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh Allison they are darling! Congrats on the healthy ADORABLE boys! In my opinion, I'd say Gabe is the sire. They don't look to boer to me.

Hope you can have an easy weekend and start relaxing! Gosh, sounds like a tough week for sure!

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Those babies are so cute!!! I love the spotted one, too bad he's not a girl! :wink: It's hard to tell, they look a little "Boer" - but then their faces look more "Nigerian". . . . maybe as they mature, it will be easier to tell. Either way, they are both super cute!!

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well if mom is part boer then that would account for the floppy ears and anything else that may seem boerlike

19. Candy

Candy Guest

May 14, 2008
    Allison,
    I understand about the 1/2 sister & aunt deal-----------------I have the same thing here.

:wahoo: I just love to confuse people :wahoo: Those babies are really cuties!
    Candy

20. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congratulations on the new ones! :stars: Sending wishes for a better next week-chin up. :hug: