Bootsie in labor on day 146! Long week,pics

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by liz, Feb 5, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Her ligs are barely there and her udder is growing even more, kids have dropped and last time went on day 149. Moved her to a kidding stall today so Tilly has company next to her. Tilly's issue is in the Special Care forum. Bootsie is sitting like a dog so I know she's just getting those kids lined up! These babies are DEFINATELY CHIEFS!! What colors do you think we'll have?

[​IMG]

Chief
    [​IMG]

Probably even MORE agouti's!! lol!

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    You said she normally has twins? I think she'll have triplets due to her situation and the additional pressure. I will guess 2 does and a buck. 1 doe and the buck the agouti coloring and the other doe black like daddy.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Bootsie has kidded previously with 2 sets of twins ,2 sets of triplets and twice with a single. This time I'm sort of expecting twins but who knows, Chief has some dinky babies in his bloodlines!

Tilly is the one with the prolapse and has had 3 sets of twins. She's ok..vet stitched her today. Bootsie is not going to wait for 150 this time! The weather is to be frigid cold again starting on Sunday and she's due beginning Monday, so I know she'll go in the super cold just to worry me!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Bootsie is just being a typical "keep you guessing" mommy to be! I'll post updates as she gets more serious.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Just a "bump". She's content sitting flat on her butt munching hay, I know I definately gelt 2 heads today, there could still possibly be third kid...guess we'll see when she goes.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Can't wait for babies.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ooo this will be exciting to see!

Probably more agouti kids unfortunatly - but I would love to be wrong so you can get some cute kids like Cheif

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Exciting! It's hard to wait for those babies isn't it?

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh I can't wait to see what she has!! Good luck! :cool:

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Had them out in MY yard today, it's not nearly as muddy as theirs is and my goodness she barely had a 8 inch clearance coming thru the 4 foot gate!!! Well if she does have triplets, she will likely give me 2 boys and 1 girl. Her other 2 sets of trips were like that. If twins, one of each but thankfully Chief has a dinky daddy and he himself was tiny at birth just over 1 pound so maybe she does have 3 dinky little Chiefs in there!!

Her udder has increased a little and she is all tucked in under her tail so send me lots of prayers that she goes Monday night! I'm off Tuesday but I'll be sitting with my mom, so hope she goes Monday after 2pm.

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Babies! I can't wait to see them! Cheif will be a proud father of dinky babies! lol Drink lots of :coffee: and give the babies (and momma) lots of :grouphug: (when the kids are born of course.)

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thinking monday after 2, monday after 2, monday after 2 ............................

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Believe me, I 'm a coffee addict already! And I gotta get busy making more kid coats too! I really think she'll give me 3! After 2 Monday but before 10 pm Tuesday would be great! Really nasty bitter cold here now and WINDY , not real worried about that as long as I can get those babies dried off and fluffy!

15. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I hope she goes for you soon and you get what you want! :)

16. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yay! Come on Bootsie! Let's go girl!!! :)

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry I haven't been her to update. I had to take my mom to the ER last night and they kept her because it was so soon after her heart attack (a week ago) they didn't want to chance anything going wrong. I got home last night at 11 and woke up to ALOT of snow so I couldn't even get out to visit mom at the hospital, was talking with her though. All is ok with her.

Bootsie is being a bit vocal and her udder has really filled and her teats are full, ligs are mush and tailhead has dropped, she had 6 contractions in an hour and did eat her grain but not her hay, of course I need to be up for work at 4 am! I'm ready for her babies to come but very sleep deprived with the goings on in the last week. I hope its b4 midnight and I can get a bit of sleep. :coffee:
    BABIES COMING SOON.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats exciting.

Sorry to hear again about your mom.

I do not know how you get up at 4:00am!!!!

Go Bootsie go - mama needs you to kid now

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am up at 4 four days a week and 6 on Sundays cause we open 2 hours later, been doing this for 8 years too! I live for my days off when I get to sleep in! Bootsies pawing now, I just know this is gonna be a long nite!

20. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma