Bootsie kidded ( New dry pictures added)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by trob1, Apr 26, 2008.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    This morning at 7 I went out to feed and Bootsie didnt come in the barn and was calling me. I went out to her and rubbed her down and she laid down and began to push. I guess she was waiting on me. Everything went wonderfully and she had
    :girl: :boy: :boy: all three are just beautiful. Not sure on the eyes yet but they have all eat good and mom and kids are bonding in the barn.

The girl is on the right and is light buckskin and the two boys are in the front, a light buckskin and a black and white like mom.

[​IMG]

2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Re: Bootsie kidded

Oh, they're beautiful! I think that my favorite color is the buckskin. But, that's open to change a whole bunch over the next many years. :)

Congrats on everything going so smoothly and you got to be there.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca

What a good girl- do you think that her behavior is genetic- could you get me one of those?- imagine. no more all nighters- the doe just sees you, comes over and delivers- worth a million dollars!
    Congratulations of a nigh perfect kidding- beautiful babies.

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

Thanks Cinder.

Enjoytheride
    I hope it is genetic cause I am keeping that doeling. It was so funny I had gotten up twice to look out the window and she had her head looking straight at the barn wall but at 7 am I had a feeling I should go out and just check on her close up and she has some discharge but not alot. She wanted me close and let me rub her which she had not wanted me to touch her the last few months so that was nice and she just kept chatting then laid down and pushed twice and out came the doeling. I was beside myself with excitement. This doe is a true gem and her little girl is a keeper.

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

:ROFL: look at all the does watching bootsie kidding and cleaning her babies. The look on their faces is priceless.

[​IMG]

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh Teresa that is just awesome!!

Congrats!!!!!

Still waiting on Aspen - probaby tomorrow or monday :D

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Congrats Teresa!! They are gorgeous!!!! Is it the Buck you used that threw the Buckskin color or does Bootsie have it in her lines? I don't blame you at all for keeping that Doeling! She is a doll!!

And if only that Buckling wouldn't be related to any of the other kids due... :sigh:

8. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California

Oh they're so tiny and cute. Congrats. Shelly

9. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

Thanks Brandi, The only doe I have that is bred to a different buck is Sugar my tri colored doe and she is due in like 3 months and I might be getting 2 more does in a few weeks and will be breeding them to Bo my new blue eyed buck for Oct or Nov kids.

The buck I used this year is who is passing on the buckskin color as he was buckskin like them and so was his dam, Bootsie doesnt have it in her background.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congratulations Theresa!! Bootsie did like a good girl does, delivered on 145 AND has an awesome looking udder!!! Her kids are adorable and , guess I'm partial to black/ white her little boy that looks like her is really flashy! I think I would be keepinh her doe too....especially w/ her color and with the hopes that she takes after her mom!

11. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Re: Bootsie kidded (new dry pictures added)

Thanks Shelly and Liz

Here are some new pictures with them dry.

[​IMG]

This is my favorite of Bootsie loving on her daughter.

[​IMG]

They are doing so great. They are eating like pros and bouncing already.

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    AAAAWWWWW>....... this is definitely a good way to start off your kidding season!

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh, she's just beautiful! That pic is priceless! Boys too of course.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that last picture is beyond words

15. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    What a sweet family. I love the expressions of the does in the picture. They're right there with her, sharing her experience.

As soon as we get some acreage and a setup for goats, I know what breed I want. What amazing colors. I enjoy the larger breeds, but I'm not exactly young (or tall). Having 150 lb.+ Boers or Alpines isn't going to get easier as the years go by. The little guys would be more manageable. Besides the cute factor is hard to resist. Just trying to be practical.

Congratulations! :stars:

16. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 Guest

Jan 12, 2008
    So adorable! Congrats!!!

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats!! They are beautiful!! :stars: