BoPeep...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Jan 22, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well I will be leaving to go get BoPeep around 8:30 this morning, so I will hopefully be back home around lunch time :greengrin: Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that she is good and healthy :pray: I haven't seen her in roughly 6 months, so I am just hoping they took good care of her. I really think they did as they always called me to see what wormer and such to give her... and he used the feed I was using as well.... so just please hope everything goes well! I will post pics as soon as I get her home and settled in :greengrin:

2. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Good luck, Brandi!
    BoPeep? Geez, am I ever behind! I'm never going to catch up with what everyone has been up to!
    Can't wait to see pics, but you know I am just going to want minis again!

3. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :ROFL: Yeah... getting caught up can be a little overwhelming at first! Here is a link that should explain some of what has been going on with me AND explain about BoPeep :greengrin:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6473

Glad to see you jumping back in though! :wink:

4. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    I went and read the whole thread. What can I say that everyone else didn't say?? Of course, she's an absolute DOLL!! And of course, I'm already moaning every time I see a mini pic!
    The girl I gave my Pygmy and ND does to when we moved is having issues with the Pygmy girl and I may be taking her back, as I told her if anything came up that I got first choice to get them back before they went anywhere else. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll sell all my Kikos and do nothing but the little girls. Speaking of which, I realize most of you guys have minis or dairies, which I can't relate to in a lot of areas, so if I'm quiet on some subjects, it's not because I'm not reading and keeping up. I just figure you guys are the experts in those areas.
    And speaking of keeping up, I've decide there is no way I'm ever going to catch up on everything so I'll just try to keep up from this point on.
    Glad to hear you are "back in business" - I know how hard this past fall was for you. 2009 is the year for Brandi! :thumb:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Woo Hoo! I will be back from my staff meeting at 10 am PST - cant wait to see pics and hear all about the drive!!! :leap: :leap:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cool beans -- it will be afternoon here by that time but i should be around -- if not I will catch up later

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh Dona there are boer breeders on here -- toth boer goats, badnewsboers, Arcticgoats, Alaska boers, SDK, goatnutty,

8. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Oh it is always so exciting when you go to bring home a new addition. I can't wait to see your BoPeep. I hope she is everything and more, that you are hoping for. :dance:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I hope all goes well ...with getting BoPeep.... :greengrin:

yep.... I am a boer breeder.... :greengrin:

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Donna... that is what I did when I first got back on TGS after the other forum closed... I just got caught up on the stuff that happened that week and then kept up from there :greengrin: And as Stacey said there are PLENTY of meat goat breeders on here as well!! (But I would love to see you come over to the "Mini Side"... hehehehe)

Thank you so much everyone!!! Well me made it home a while a go (I have been down there in the barn playing with her! It is 59 degrees here... woo-hoo!!) and I LOVE her!!! She is the sweetest thing and she is nice and long and healthy! I myself think she is just gorgeous!! (but I am sure I am a little biased... :greengrin: ) I only took a couple of pics of her because I didn't want to freak her out, but I will take more tonight! AND my Husband has put the plug in for my camera to plug into the computer somwhere where I can't find it!!! :GAAH: So I will have to wait till he gets home to post the pics :doh: As soon as I get them posted I would really like to hear everyone's opinions!! :greengrin: And thanks again!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so glad she is FINALLY back home with you!!!! I can't wait to see her

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  13. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you both so much! :greengrin:

Well I have got just enough power left on the laptop to post the pics of took of her. :roll: My power has been off since 8AM this morning and is STILL off! (they are having to put in a new power box out here)... so all I have is a LITTLE bit of power on here and our wireless internet is as slow as Christmas! So I am going to post these pics and then I will be back online this evening (as soon as they get my power back on!) to get caught up on posts.

Anyways here of the few pics I got of her today! It is hard to get pics of her because she wants to stay RIGHT beside me. She is the sweetest thing though :greengrin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As I said they aren't the best pics in world but I had to snap them quick while she was eating :ROFL: Hubby is going to the barn with me tonight though so I am hoping I can get a few of her following him around :thumb:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh ............she is really pretty... :love:
    I know how hard it is to get that perfect shot...LOL :greengrin:

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What an absolute D-O-L-L! I am so glad that she is home with you!!!

16. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    What a cutie! I think you should keep the name, she looks like a Bo Peep!

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Brandi....she looks great! And she has grown to be a gorgeous young lady too!

18. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you everyone!! The pics really don't do her justice! She has such a nice long body like her mom. She has on a nice fluffy winter coat right now, but from what I can see she looks to be well built! This is the first one of my kids that I have actually seen in person once they got this age! I am really thrilled! :stars:

She was born 4/18/2008, so come April she will be a year old. If everything goes as planned... I should be placing a deposit on a Buckling the end of February/beginning of March (that is when the Doe is due. As long as she cooperates and gives me the Buckling I am wanting... :pray: :ROFL: I'm a nut... aren't I? But I always have some back-up Does from the same farm that I like incase she doesn't... so should hopefully be getting a Buckling out of one of them :leap: :greengrin: ), which means I should be picking him up sometime around the end of April or sometime in March. He will only be 2-3 months old at that time. In my experience the Bucks NORMALLY aren't ready to breed until they are atleast 5 months old... but just incase the little guy is a "early bloomer" do you think it would be ok to put him in the same pasture with BoPeep?? I would think that as big as she is now that by the time she is 1 year old she should be plenty big enough to breed... don't you think?

Edited to add: Ok... after re-reading this post... I see how very pathetic I am! LOL! Can you tell how MAJORLY excited I am about this herd rebuild??? The breeders I am planning on purchasing from are going to be SICK of me by the time this is over with, and Liz and Allison will probably shoot themselves before I am done torturing them with pics and pedigrees of goats I am looking at! :shrug: :shades: :ROFL:

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :slapfloor:

Never tired or sick of seeing new prospects Brandi!

And....FYI, my pygmy buck, Hank had all 3 of my does bred when he was 4 months old.....though Chief, my pb nigi seemed to be a bit more of a late bloomer...he didn't show interest til he was around 6 months old.

20. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :wink: :greengrin: :ROFL:

hhhmmmm.... I had been told they can start breeding as early as 3 months, just have never witnessed it myself (but I ALWAYS separated Bucklings at 2 months). So do you think she would be big enough to get bred if they did breed her when I get them??