Bored

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Bona Fide, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    As I hear this silly storm role in I'm about bored to tears. I should be in bed as I've got about 3 hrs before I gotta get up - but can't seem to fall asleep - wondering if this "storm" will blow anything in...so I'm web searching...mostly craigslist and ebay...

Saw tons of barter boards - heavens they are SO AWESOME - wonder if we could ever come up with something like that. For instance I got a little buy happy and bought 100 some odd feet of plastic chain for my goats in two sizes and that's A LOT of collars...my goats really never wear collars...okay they pretty much never wear them --- wondering if I should sell, or barter. Have tons of the black "show tote" type things I sent my Secret Santa for Christmas - pretty handy - just fill with whatever and haul from the tack room/barn/feed room to the milk stand/field/show --- whatever.

Anyone here ever "bartered" goats? I mean everyone is always selling and buying - ever traded? I've always been afraid to ask if anyone wanted to trade - but if I've got what you want and vice versa - why not? Why's it seem to be "taboo"? (not me necessarily and I know it's not UNHEARD of...)

Started working on my website - didn't go too far. Added back a guest book if anyone wants to sign it (please do - looks so lonely!!!) - added a few VERY candid shots from today - mostly to do a mass update of pictures for the goats I'm selling to make room for new babies. Actually have a few serious bites on them already. So Yo-Yo, Nessa and Tory may be sold - if not they're up for sale as is Voltaire - gonna be hard to watch them go, but want to keep my herd relatively small - got too big last year. MY "KEEPERS" are Dream, Grace, Fanci and Special - for now anyhow.

Kidding seasons about 50 days away - wonder if I'm even close to ready, probably not :).

Anyone have any big plans for 2009? I'm going back to NY to see my family (where I'm originally from) - haven't seen them since I graduated HS. I'm going to go back to school (I have my Associates but will turn it into a Bach or get an Assoc in something else) - I want to get another horse and ... my son starts school :tears: :(

Ok - talking too much - hope all is well with yall. Take Care!

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i traded 15 chickens (old hens and rooster) for my first goat.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had started a thread I think in September time frame about bartering - but it didn't seem to really go anywhere. Couple people seemed willing - but I think when it comes down to it, not really sure who would really do it.

I have a couple people lined up that we are looking at "trading" once babies are born and our bucks are not useful to our herd any longer. I LOVE to trade and barter!!! I think it is so fun and doesn't cost a whole lot when you think about it! And especially with goaties - new bloodlines for transport fees - I am all about that!

I check craiglsist multiple times a day and love it! I have found awesome deals and trades on there.

I haven't checked out the website as of yet, but I will - I promise!

I wonder if the barometric pressure change is what is keeping you awake. When I lived in Mississippi, and a hurricane was coming, I would have a major headache and could feel the huricane coming before it ever made it into the gulf

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh yes, I love trading!! I have a few trades lined up right now that I am really excited about.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh I would love to trade or barter goats -- I hear about it all the time.

I wouldnt mind trading goats but I dont ship so I would have to meet somewhere and a lot of you are like hundreds of miles away :sigh:

As to those tote things you were talking about ---- do you have a picture? I was looking at them (I think) in a catalog today and i have been wanting one. So I maybe interested if it is what I am thinking.

This has me thinking. Maybe we can do a barter board added to the for sale section. It probably woulnt get tons of attention but would be interesting to see if it works. :shrug:

6. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I personally think a barter section would be a fantastic idea! :thumbup:
    I am always up for a good equal trade!

7. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Hey - I don't have a good picture of the tote thingys, but if you look at the SS gift it shows one.

Great to be back with ELECTRICITY - 8 days was too long and too dag gone cold!

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh my! :shocked:

Sure I will go check it out.

Check out my barter stuff and let me know if you want to barter anything.

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    yep, I trade goats all the time ...

10. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Sure - have a Nigerian buckling I could take off your hands? LMAO! :) I don't need the meds - got any more of those neat coffee mugs ;-) LOL

11. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I think it's a really good idea :)