BoSe cost

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by bleatinghearts, Mar 9, 2010.

1. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    I'm going into my vet again today because I was overcharged for BoSe. At the time I didn't know any better. Had no idea what the cost should be although $100.00 for 10ml seemed very high. After a few days of thinking about it and then Jess telling me in a previous forum what it was at a diff. online site I thought I would put my feelers out there this morning with you all to be a little more prepaired as to what other vets charge.

Anyone remember what they paid last time? They are good people there, I think there may have just been a mistake. I'm also worried, was it BoSe they game me? Guess we'll find out.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    vets can charge whatever they want for stuff -- I know I purchased mine from Vet-Serv for 27.00 for 100ml

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    talk to a livestock vet - they will typically sell you a bottle for about what Vet-Serv charges, but without the shipping cost.

4. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I paid 21.00 for a bottle of it.

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Yes be sure to talk to your vet about that!
    Mine was 26.38 for 100ml from vet.

6. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Yeah..where is the best/cheapest place to purchase? I was just going to get it online...

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    its an RX so you have to get a vet to give you a script or fax in one to places like Valley Vet or PBS animal health

OR you can register with Vet Serv-USA and then its 27.00 plus shipping.

8. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    My vet charged me $33. I needed it asap, otherwise I would've bought it from Vet Serv. I try to combine my purchases there then the shipping is worth paying for.

9. bleatinghearts

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Thank you all for your input. I went in this morning after calling to say that I thought I may have been overcharged. I got a call at work shortly after, saying that they were bringing a refund check to me. They refunded me $75.00. So I paid 25 for 10ml. I'm cool with that! Next time I'll do more homework before I buy. I also didn't know that vitamin E should be given at the same time. Next time, I'll know that too! Like I said, their good people there, I really wanted to beleive it was just a mistake.

The coolest thing that came from this though, is that when I told my husband that the two girls and their kids were going to need $100.00 worth of supplementary selenium, he said "ok, lets do whatever they need". He totally passed the good goat daddy test! (not like we (or anyone else) has $100.00 to through around) :idea: Hey, an idea for another thread! A husband/wife bragging tread to share with others how good we have it! :wink: Just kidding. Thanks again.

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    great that they refunded you!

11. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I actually think that is a grand idea!!

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    BoSe has vitamine E in it so you dont have to give vitamine E when giving BoSe

13. bleatinghearts

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Really glad I didn't then! There seems to be no end to the stuff I don't know! OK, that had to be the stupidest thing I've ever said. Plus, if we knew everything this site wouldn't be as fun as it is.

14. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Not at all! I feel the same way! hehe!