BoSe injectable

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by kelebek, Mar 13, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I was curious where you all get your BoSe that you give your little ones?

I have called everywhere and they either do not carry the gel or the injectable is only from the vet, and I have not found a vet that carries it.

I am stuck in a hard spot as one of my triplets needs it....

Thanks
    Allison

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I have heard if you get the selenium gel caps, for humans, from the drug store then you can use that. Just put a hole in the gel cap and squeeze the stuff out. Not sure how much you would give. Also Jeffers carries a selenium gel but since you need it asap they prob aren't a good option.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I get mine from the vet- I would think any farm vet would carry it but if they don't then you can get prescription from any vet ( you work for one right?) and get it from a catalog.

4. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i get the injectable form my vet, if you have a vet that knows you they can order it for you i would think.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I was able to get some from a different vet last night for the babies. Thank goodness because my vet is gone until the 24th. I was so scared!

I am definately ordering a bottle when she gets back and also I am ordering the paste from Jeffers right now!

Thanks All!

Allison

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I have the paste and gave it to my buck that has laminitis and he is walking much better now. I cant believe how well things like that work.

7. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    Your buck has laminitis? I thought horses were the only ones. Learn something new everyday!

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh yes goats can get laminitis, it is important to not let them get into the grain! We had this happen while we were on vacation and the young person taking care of the goats was to scared to tell us she left the gate open so we didn't know and our goat evenutally ended up having to be put down she got so bad.