bose question

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sixshooterfarm, Mar 13, 2009.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok, so I have a question, the buck that had the selenium deficiancy that made him act like a fainter. Well he got a shot yesterday of 1 cc bose. Today he isent acting much better. He still goes stiff when startled. How long should it take for the bose to fix this? He has full access to sweetlix meat maker minerals and sheep salt with selenium. I have seen him eat it as well. ANy idea? when should we start worrying

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont know for sure but if he was really deficent then he may need more then one shot to actualy reverse the effects.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Did you test him for selenium deficiency? That would be the best way to figure how much and how often to give BoSe to him.

It is going to take more than one shot. Bambi was deficient and it took two shots about a month apart to get him looking better. But thats just what I did. I didn't test or get a vet's advice, so my way probably isn't the best. :wink:

4. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    No she hasent had him tested, I will ask her if she is going to, I doubt it but I will ask. Ok well what I will do is give him a shot next month again, and then possibly a third the following month if he is still not 100%. I was just thinking I would see some improvement over night =(

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I would be careful with giving bo-se ...if you "overdose" ....you may kill him with toxicity....The safest way is have him tested first..... :worried: tell the vet that you gave him 1cc of bo-se already and when would be a good time to test him.....

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    FYI, when my little doeling was born with wobbly legs, I gave her a shot of Bo-Se, and she got better over 5 days...a little better each day...now she's fine. So, it's probably not going to look like a "miracle" overnight thing, but a gradually getting better thing. How is he today?