The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to goats. I have been given conflicting information we live in a selenium deficient state how often should I give Bose shots one person told me once to twice a year someone else said they only need it once in a lifetime what is correct

·
Super Moderator
58,933 Posts
Both are actually correct. It varies from farm to farm. You will have to figure out what you need for your farm. I actually give BoSe shots at least 3 times per year but my goats need it. You do have to be careful not to overdose selenium so over time you will learn when they need more selenium or not.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
BoSe is only in the body short term so once in a lifetime wouldnt be accurate. Now how often should you give it? well that depends on your herd as mentioned above. But a good average is before breeding season (like around August) and again just before kidding (about a month before).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BoSe is only in the body short term so once in a lifetime wouldnt be accurate. Now how often should you give it? well that depends on your herd as mentioned above. But a good average is before breeding season (like around August) and again just before kidding (about a month before).
Ok that only makes sense I know if a doe has delivered a baby and after birth does not come they may be selenium deficient
Thank you for the information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts