Bottle Babies/Turkey Sucker

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by DebMc, Feb 21, 2010.

1. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Here's a video hubby made of our new twin goat kids, Angel and Mitsy. (Thank you, Jess! - we love 'em!) It shows how well they adjusted to bottle-feeding and their new home. As you may recall, the girls were taken off mom at 7.5 weeks when they came to live w/us. The video was taken yesterday, on their fifth day here. Towards the end, Angel is caught trying to nurse off a couple hen turkeys and the hens don't seem to mind one bit. :slapfloor: Silly girls! :ROFL:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2DjKxo50qE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2DjKxo50qE[/ame]

Deb Mc

2. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    Turkeys are so crazy! Probably thought the goat was preening her or some thing. LOL :laugh:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    so cute..... HeHe.... :ROFL: :greengrin:

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    hahahahaa too cute.

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you for sharing Deb...I totally enjoyed watching it. And your babies are adorable and sweet :love:

7. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    They are also a lot of fun. :stars:

Deb Mc

8. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I love the bit with the turkeys! Too funny that the hen didn't seem to mind at all... I know my rooster would have definitely taught that young whippersnapper goat kid a thing or two :wink:

9. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    are those slate turkeys i saw on the vid? would love to get some information on them from you if they are.. thanks,,

10. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    The first hen Angel is shown trying to nurse off of is a Blue Slate. Her name is Saphire and she's about a year old now. I had a tom, too, but rehomed him with another tom after they became overly protective of my does and started attacking any and everything they perceived as a threat to them. :shocked: I just got an update from their new owner and both boys are doing great there, have adjusted well and get along with her other birds and horses -having no goats to protect seems to have shaken their bad habits and turned them around. <lol> I have two other hens, a White BB and a Royal Palm, all for egg production but they also do a fabulous job bugging and cleaning up spilled goat feed, which also helps keep pest populations down. I :love: my turks.

Deb Mc