The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 week old Doeling and buckling that i am currently Bottle feeding...however my goat milk supply is running low.....we lost their mommy shortly after delivering 2 more dead babies so i am relying on a nearby farm for my milk supply...can i gradually switch them to whole cows milk? And if so what is the ratio?

ForumRunner_20130612_151756.jpg

ForumRunner_20130612_151849.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
30,003 Posts
What cuties..
I begin doing a 3/4 /1/4 ratio for a few days...then do to 50/50 for a few days..then 1/4 goats milk/3/4 cows..then whole cows milk

watch for upset tummies and you will know if you are rushing it....cows milk is just a bit more difficult to digest than goats milk..if you find them a bit consitpated you can add 1/4 tsp. oil to the milk until they adjust..

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What cuties..
I begin doing a 3/4 /1/4 ratio for a few days...then do to 50/50 for a few days..then 1/4 goats milk/3/4 cows..then whole cows milk

watch for upset tummies and you will know if you are rushing it....cows milk is just a bit more difficult to digest than goats milk..if you find them a bit consitpated you can add 1/4 tsp. oil to the milk until they adjust..
I always put a drop or two of Karo syrup in the bottle. Helps prevent constipation.
These are what i would suggest. Whole cows milk worked great for my Nubian bottle baby, and she grew so fast!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts