The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 week old bottle baby who is very little. She had not pooped for awhile, so last night I gave her an enema. She pooped 3 times, but she is still arching her back, screaming, and somewhat lethargic today. She is also opening her mouth and panting to breath. I know this isnt good, and would appreciate any help. Thanks

·
goat girl x0x0
2,449 Posts
I'd suggest keep up the enemas, rub her belly gently to help keep things moving, and also giving her some probiotic.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
call the vet. it sounds like she is in bigger trouble than what we here are able to help her . but take her temp if low get a hot water bottle on her. i lost an oberhasli last year with similar symptoms.

·
Pixie13
201 Posts
When my little bottle baby wasn't having bowel movements everyone on the goat spot recommended for me to do enemas. However my little guy wasn't arching his back or acting lethargic; might need to call a vet and ask there opinion on that. The enamas worked for my little guy. It took about 5 or 6 days of me giving him enemas for him to finally start going on his own. I thought he may never go on his own, but he did. Like Stacey said above, the karo works too.

·
Super Moderator
31,759 Posts
I agree....Keep up the enemas until you see a lot of poop, then a bit of oil in her bottle to help it moving...CD Antitoxin is needed...that poop sat in her intestine building toxins...the C D Antitoxin wil help with that..3 cc sub Q is needed...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to let you all know that she passed away in my arms this morning. Was getting ready to head to the vets. She was fine last night, gone this morning. Devistating for my kiddos and myself.....

·
Super Moderator
31,759 Posts
Im very sorry ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.