The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 12 week old bottle baby (rejected by Mama) that doesn't seem interested in her bottle anymore. Her temp is normal, she weighs 25lbs and is acting normal. She grazes and eats normally.

My question is should I be concerned that she doesn't seem interested in her bottle at certain feedings?

These babies are my first borns and I'm always overly concerned but I just want to know if this is normal.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
Shes old enough to be weened but even so..not wanting a bottle would raise my eye brows some too. Could be shes enjoying the graze more but I would want to rule out if shes feeling ok..temp is good, famancha is good, pooping normal berries and plenty...if all looks normal then drop one bottle...and see how she does..then after a week or so..drop another and so forth

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shes old enough to be qeened but even so..not wanting a bottle would raise my eye brows some too. Could be shes enjoying the graze more but I would want to rule out if shes feeling ok..temp is good, famancha is good, pooping normal berries and plenty...if all looks normal then drop one bottle...and see how she does..then after a week or so..drop another and so forth
Thanks so much!
She definitely enjoys eating! She eats her whole morning bottle but the afternoon one she doesn't seem to really want. Her evening bottle she also wants. So maybe 3 is just to much for her.

·
8,487 Posts
As long as she is drinking water, eating and the output is good, too, she probably is just done with bottles. Water is the biggest thing. My bottle brats love warm water-
so 2 or 3 times a day, I offer warm water, not hot, just above room temp. They drink it and I know the water intake about equals what they would get from a bottle. (for those who
don't know- never give straight water in a bottle).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts