Bottle Baby Play Pen - pics.

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by kelebek, Aug 11, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I have been asking hubby for a while now to build me a playpen for the bottle babies. Since the bottle babies are not out with the herd or around the horses, I am very hesitant to let him go play around the others and the colt till he gets a bit bigger (ok - I know - over protective momma!)

So since hubby hadn't done it, and he was driving me nuts in the house, I decided to go make one myself. I knew what I wanted and went to the garage to see what we had laying around that I could use instead of spending any money. I found 1/2 a roll of chicken wire, zip ties, and some wood. That was all I needed! I knew that I wanted it connected to the fence so that he could go nose to nose with the other goats and horses.

As hubby said - you have turned our house into a squatter - but then I caught him watching the bottle baby and flopsy playing in the pen just laughing!!!

Anyway - here you are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Tux being the babysitter!

[​IMG]

2. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Awww, that's so cute!!! :) Nice pen.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's a perfect little pen for them to play in!!! How adorable and love the little climbing toy!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hubby about freaked when he saw me in the garage with his saw on and a brad gun next to me!! HAHAHA~

I have more things in my mind that I want to build now - so he better watch out!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Good job Allison....looks great and has plenty of room to keep them from under your feet.....maybe hubby won't drag his feet next time you need something :greengrin:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats really cool Allison. And the boy seems very content with his new little climb toy, to cute!

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    See, that's how it starts. Next you'll decide his tools don't fit your hand, so you'll go to "Home Depot" and buy your first power tools! Good for you woman! LOL Having my goats in with that big horse would scare me too.

8. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    That pen looks great! Your kids are so cute!

[​IMG]

Suellen

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Di -

All of my babies are in with the horses from the time that they are 24 hours old typically and do very well - but this little guy is a bottle baby and raised with Mastiff's so I am a little hesitant to put him in as he is not scared of anything! LOL!

In a couple weeks I am weening the colt - and I will be seperating the goats from the colt because he FREAKS when momma is gone - to the point of being scary! Hopefully it will only take a day till he calms down and realizes that it is ok!

10. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Cute,I love the climbing picture. :)