Bottle baby?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, May 2, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok.....maybe a silly question, but I'm going to look at a bottle baby tomorrow......where do I buy a bottle and what kind if I should decide to buy him? I am venturing into new territory :? !!!!!!

2. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I don't raise bottle babies but I have read that you can just use a regular ol baby bottle for humans and just make the hole in the nipple bigger.

3. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Dollar store in the baby area. Cut a larger hole in the nipple. *smirks* We normaly raise most of our babies on a bottle here.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    When I got Chief 2 years ago, he was weaned but everytime I went around him with a soda bottle he just had to have it!

So, just because it was cute and he didn't really need it, I got the pritchard teats from TSC....They screw onto soda bottles...Got him some milk and he went to town! Angel came to me at 6 weeks and was dam raised BUT for some reason she too wanted that "bubby"....so she defintely thrived on the bottles of milk using those red teats. I've never had to bottle feed but I have had to supplement kids for a couple days and they seem to transition between mom and bottle very well with the pritchards. IF you get this baby, and it is already on a bottle stick with what is currently being used, changing can cause them to not want the bottle.

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I like the lamb bar nipples better then the pritchard. I used the pritchard ones for years and after using the lam bar type i never went back. Nigies tend to do better on the prichard nipples because they are smaller.
    But the lamb bar nipples fit on pop bottles as well and as the kids get older they last longer. I constantly had older kids pulling on the pritchard ones with their teeth and ripping them.
    beth

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thank guys! :thumb: ......that is what the lady told me she is using, the pritchard nipples, I remembered when I saw your posts. I'll hit the TSC on the way home if we buy him......she has one little guy that is Murphy's age and weaned, her husband has been going back and forth on keeping him.....but he might be available, which would be great!

7. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Don't forget they don't work on Coke products. :wink:

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I use lambar nipples for the kids.