Bottle buckling size

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by crocee, Jan 24, 2009.

1. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I know Jacob is stunted somewhat but how much. How big should a Boer bottle baby be at 7 months? How tall and how much should he weigh? His pot belly disapears until he gorges on hay then he looks mighty preggers.
  2. karmouth

karmouth New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    ocala, FL
    mine is not a bottle baby and he is intact . Hes going on 7 the 1st of Feb and hes about 85lbs.
    This is him at 4 months ,

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Could you post a picture of him? I have a couple of June bottle Boer bucks...they had a rough start so are a bit behind what my dam raised kids would be. However they are still a pretty good size, I don't know how much they weigh though.
  4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    At 5 mths my bottle baby does (fullbloods) weighed 70.5 lbs
  5. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    So my boy Jude is not a bottle baby. He's never been given an anything extra either though, just a mix of goat feed and sweet feed and coastal bermuda hay.

I have no idea of what he weighed but here is a picture of back when I had clipped him when he was 7 months. Behind him is a 3 year old buck to give some idea of size.

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    crocee, if you want to know how much he weighs, and you have a vet clinic nearby, put him in the car and ask if you can put him on their large dog scales (I imagine being a bottle baby he is well behaved and will walk on a leash into the clinic with you). I do this sometimes with my well behaved goats. They need to stand still on the scales though.