The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting 3 bottle calves. And I have only one Nigerian doe in milk. I have heard great things about calves on goats milk. but we will not have enough. my dad wants to mix the goats milk the replacer. I've never heard of it. does anyone know about this?

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
We are getting 3 bottle calves. And I have only one Nigerian doe in milk. I have heard great things about calves on goats milk. but we will not have enough. my dad wants to mix the goats milk the replacer. I've never heard of it. does anyone know about this?
We just did the replacer with our calf and she did fine.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Yes I’ve had to do this. You just mix up the replacer as it says on the bag and whatever your short on the goat milk add in the replacer to make a full bottle. Try and be consistent on the bottles though. What I mean is try to have to same milk:replacer ratio every bottle, don’t give all goat milk in the morning and formula the other bottles........everyone does bottle differently so how ever many bottle your planning on giving in a day just divide up the milk up between those feedings ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts