The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just we have 4 kids about 8 weeks old and just bought some powdered Corid (20% soluble). Is there a proportion that we can give say once a day in a bottle with 16 oz of water and some Bounce Back? We can obviously add it to their water bucket but I’m concerned it wouldn’t be a consistent dosage that we can actually monitor per goat.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be a tiny bit because the ratio is 4oz/50 gallons of water but I think that’s even for cows…seems like the only way to do it is as a drench or in the trough.

·
Registered
The Monkhood
3,103 Posts
Hi Ben32, welcome to The Goat Spot. Powdered Corid 20% : mixing is 3 ounces (10.5 tablespoons) powder to 1 quart of water. Thoroughly mix the solution and shake it well before each use. The dose is 7.5 cc per 25 pounds of weight (weigh the goats so you can give the correct amounts) and treat individually for 5 days. You will need to drench the Corid. Putting it in a bottle probably isn't a good idea. And I'm not sure if adding Bounce Back would chemically react when mixed with Corid. Also, Corid is bitter like green persimmons and the kids more than likely wouldn't suck the bottle after they got the first taste of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts