The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,910 Posts
Whole cow milk would be from the grocery store unless you have a source for cow milk. The milk replacer you buy in a bag and mix with water. There are only a few milk replacers that are good. Most are junk and have actually killed kids. I always buy whole milk so not sure which are the good milk replacers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah i use the whole milk too, i tried milk replacer once when it was my first bottle babies but they would have runny poop so i changed to whole milk and have used it ever since and they do great on it. :) i know someone who puts raw eggs in their bottles and their kids get huge. :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know at what age people sell Nigerian dwarf bottle babies but how often do you have to feed them?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason I am asking is because last year I was supposed to get a bottle baby and the lady ended up giving her to someone else and then they later sold her to me so I never got the chance to bottle feed and I had her cage set up and everything ready so I was disappointed and I really want to raise a Nigerian kid! I just want to make sure I have the time to feed them however often they need it

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So if I leave at 6:45 in the morning and get home at 2:30 would I be able to feed it correctly? Other family members would be home while I'm gone but not every day of the week.

·
Super Moderator
58,910 Posts
If you fed the first bottle before work, then if someone could feed a bottle while you are gone, you could feed the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts