Bottle Feeding???

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by KW Farms, Jul 20, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :help: Do you feed during the night?? I fed during the night for about 4 days last time I bottle fed. How often should I feed her? She was born about 4 hours ago. She got colostrum and I saved some colostrum also. I've bottle fed once before, but I need to know a few things to refresh my memory! Any tricks for getting them to take the bottle easily?? Thanks everyone!
  2. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    As long as they are healthy and strong, I do not feed during the night. Some just take to the bottle faster than others - not really any good trick to get it going - you do need to feed more than one dose of colostrum - use colostrum for at least two days. I usually do the bottle every 4 hours at the beginning - but if it's a real tiny baby, I may do smaller amounts and do it every two hours. You didn't mention what kind of goat...

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Alright...She's a nigerian dwarf baby, but she's really big! Any info. helps! Thanks!
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    i feed through the night for the first week. Sometimes just one bottle but it really depends on the goat.
  5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    My bottle boy was big and robust, I gave him his last bottle at about 10:00p.m. and first one about 6:00a.m. Worked ok for us.