The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doeling that someone bought at 10 days old and wanted to bottle feed her. They just brought her back to me because they were having family problems. She is so attached to people she doesn't interact with the other goats (6) babies (4) adults. She will only eat and drink from a bottle, how do I get her to nibble on grain and hay and to be a goat again? She will be 6 weeks old on 5/30, she is so sweet, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
988 Posts
Like most bottle babies they will follow you everywhere. With mine I just took her for walks an she started nibbling on things at a very young age. She will be 5 weeks old Friday an she has the run of the yard an the rest of the place an she eats the whole time shes left outside. With feed shes still pretty stubborn with it but will eat some when you hand feed her. Good luck!

·
Banned
988 Posts
I dont know a whole lot about bottle feeding kids cause this is my first bottle baby,but I will wean her when shes 3 months old just like I would if she was on the dam. Right now I am feeding her 5 bottles a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts