The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a baby goat that I am having to bottle feed. how do I make him drink it. he is already drinking preety good. but how do I make him drink more???????????:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)????

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How old is he, what does he weigh, and how much is he drinking a day?

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
I ditto goat crazy's questions..:D Babiies should drink 10% of their weight per day..for ex: If baby is 8 pounds...Multiply that by 16 to get his weight in Oz which is 128 oz..now multiply that by 10% = 12.8 oz per day...we then divide that into at least 4 feedings...which is 3.2 oz a bottle four times a day....
This is a starting point..if his belly stays sunken then add 1/2 an oz see how her does..if his tummy is bulging and hard..then decrease 1/2 oz....the important thing is not to over feed him..he cannot digest too much at once and can become very sick...here is a great article on bottle feeding baby..
http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/overfeedingnewbo.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes how old?? All my babies are bottle babies it is depending on really there age. Just think of the little guy/girl is a infant human. Advently they will be drinking a couple of whole bottles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts