The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Kiko doe that I just weaned her kids off of. I just noticed she is starting to get bottle jaw. I put safe guard in her yesterday and she has showed no signs of improvement. Could I give her ivomec today, or would two wormers hurt her? I have cattle ivomec. Should I pour it on, or can I give it orally. Please help. I don't know very much about goats. Still learning. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
It may take a day or two for you to see improvement, but I don't think it would hurt to use Ivomec or Valbazen- I've heard Valbazen covers a lot of worms. I'm sure other will have good advice as well. I don't know the doseage for Ivomec, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
59,791 Posts
Yes, you can do the Ivomec. Do you have pour on or injectible? I don't like to give the pour on orally but it won't help the barberpole much with being put on her back.

·
Registered
31,508 Posts
You can retreat with injectable ivomec 1 cc per 40# sub Q..like Karen said pour on or oral wont work as well..
With a heavy load you will need to treat 3 times 10 days apart then once more in 30 days...red cell every day for a week then once a week until you see color return in her lower inner eye lids..
it takes time for bottle jaw to go away...keep her hydratated and dont stress her out too much (meaning dont chase her down to give her meds)

·
Registered
31,508 Posts
Either Valbazen or Ivomec...I use both..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts