The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
My doeling has triplets this year and her tiny buck had the same issue. It could just be not enough room in the mother or it could be a Selenium deficiency. But within my buckling’s first week it corrected itself and he stands and walks great now. But if want to do something you can buy Selenium paste and give your baby some. It works within a few days usually. However, I think your kid’s legs should correct on their own.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My doeling has triplets this year and her tiny buck had the same issue. It could just be not enough room in the mother or it could be a Selenium deficiency. But within my buckling's first week it corrected itself and he stands and walks great now. But if want to do something you can buy Selenium paste and give your baby some. It works within a few days usually. However, I think your kid's legs should correct on their own.
They shouldn't be selenium deficient. I'll wait a couple of days to see if it improves. Mom is pretty small. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
29,954 Posts
Bow leg can be rickets..although often front legs. wont hurt to give cod liver oil for a few days. Just get a gel cap..poke a hole and squeeze in his mouth

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I don’t have cod liver oil but I can get some tomorrow.
We are evangelist so I definitely have not been able to check on her as much as I would have liked to today but I was home for a couple hours earlier to make sure she was full and eating. I hope she has been. I will be home all day tomorrow so I can keep an eye on her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts