Boy - did I get hollered at this morning!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Cinder, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Whenever I'm doing chores or working outside I always let the goats out to "help" me. (Ya, I've learned it takes longer to do things with their 'help'. :) ) Anyway, I needed to get back into the house quickly this morning so I did all the chores around the chicken coop area and then put the goats back inside the run and headed to the barn to feed the barn kitties. I was almost to the door of the barn when I heard this angry bleating behind me. (Not your normal, pitiful, "we're dying in here - please come see us." bleating .. but really loud "how rude of you" bleating!) I turned around to figure out what they were so upset about and then realized (as I see them pressed against the fence as close to my direction as they could get.) that I hadn't brought them with me to go into the barn! What was I thinking? How inconsiderate of me... three lashes with a wet noodle for leaving them behind! I'm so unthoughtful... and they sure let me know it.

Just thought I'd share with others who understand and have goats running their lives too!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    such creatures of habit arent they!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH that is so funny. I had a similar thing happen today.

I was up early today to help my daughter get stuff ready for a week long rodeo that she is in. we were trying to get stuff done and not a lot of time at all to do it. Well some of the goats were yelling at us because we did not take the time to give them their morning love pats. WOW were they mad. Yep I am guilty of letting the goats run my life also. :applaud: :slapfloor:

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That happens to me EVERY morning!!! My siblings and I take turns feeding, I have most evening feedings and the weekend mornings (I have the most goats). My brother and sister only take a few minutes to feed, maybe 15-20 max. I am always out there for at least a half hour, most of the time longer. I sit down and give them love, let the babies climb all over me and give me kisses (one likes to give "haircuts", so NOT cool!) :D Since my siblings usually do not take this time with them, we hear it! They are totally quiet after they get their morning "loves". It's so funny how these sweet little critters can "rule the roost". :) We love them for it though! :D

Thanks for sharing your little story!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Early mornings before work...they all know that its feed, milking and water....no fuss but when the afternoon/evening milking and feeding rolls around they all get their special attentions....and if it's too fast for them they let me know about it!! Gotta love them :love: