boy was this a shock to me!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by alyssa_romine, Jan 21, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    hehe....beth those kind of guys are hard to find....especially one that likes you for who you are.

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

yea no kidding huh.....maybe somday i will meet a nice guy at a goat show or something....or even one that likes horses that would work too, don't have horses anymore but would love to again someday.
    beth

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Automatic waters vs frozen hose! You hang on to him! I was looking at automatic waterers in a catalog, then the extra "repair kit" that came with it....no, I don't think so.
    My Dh has ben very helpful too, sometimes it takes a big fire to motivate him or just the natural consequences of things falling apart that I do not know how to fix.
    He usually insists on mucking bldgs...thinks its a mans job. Sometimes I know when to not argue :cool:

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOL Nancy, that reminds me, the kid house needs to be cleaned and re bedded....
    beth

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like me talking!!

So when you find that guy let me know if he has a friend just like him ;)

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    LOL! My hubby said the same thing about the water, except he is running lines around the pipes and then extending the pipes out into the barn so that I do not have to haul water buckets from the outside of the barn and around the corner. Not to mention, I have to go through 2 doors to get to the water troff.

My dad offered to help build me a buck barn. When I gave him the "sketch" of what I wanted he laughed and is now redoing the plans (my dad is a super of a contruction company that builds multi million dollar buildings) yet he LOVES my herd sire and so it will be a family thing to build the barn. I can't wait!

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    allison that is great!!! Good luck to Stacey and Beth on finding a guy that loves them for who they are and loves their animals!!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Just don't take them to the buck barn - just show them the cute little babies and what not

BUT NO BUCKS - lol!

9. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    no bucks here so I am good :D

11. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    You never know...you may end up cutting the hair of your future man Stacey!!! no body knows but The Lord.

12. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Hubby was not a real country person when I met him. Early on we had chickens and he wanted to move to Seattle. Our kids were just toddlers back then.
    I fought it tooth & nail till a wise friend told me about compromise. The Lord found us a place we could bring the chickens to while he worked in the big city.
    Over the years I have brought home all kinds of critters, I just cannot live without somebody out there!
    He is almost into the goats as much as I am, sometimes he notices things that need attention that I hadnt.

13. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  14. lacy_94

lacy_94 Guest

Oct 6, 2007
  15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Lucky you Nancy! I wish i could find someone that i could comprimise with. It seems liek all the guys i meet think goats are smelly and mean.
    beth

16. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    My DH is great about any kind of animals. I think he would have even more if I let him. Tonight I was with a customer (I have my own business) and he came home from work and started baby-talking the goats and sheep (He calls them "his girls"). I had to explain to my customer that he was talking to goats. We had a good laugh over that!

A few weeks ago I was not feeling well and I asked him to milk the goat. He had NEVER done that before, but knew the procedure. When he came inside he had wet spots all over the front of his pants. When I asked him how it went he said it went really well... except he got milk all over the walls, all over himself, had it running down his arm and, oh yeah, he had to give it to the chickens because the goat stepped in the pail - three times. When I asked him how he could possibly consider the milking to have gone well he said, "I got it all out of her!!!". We laughed about that for a while, but later that week I heard him brag to some friends that he milked our goat!!! :lol:

17. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Jan...That is so funny!!!