Boys are DUMB.

Discussion in 'Bucks' started by Sfgwife, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    WHen breedin time came we put tris in the purgatory pen up the hill. He and donatello have always lived together. Slick has lived in the purgatory pen cause he was too small to go in with the grown guys. So. Slick and D got to share digs and tris had his bachelor pad. Now that jade is bred and winter is here we put the boys in a permanent pen closer to the house instead of through the woods. Paul divided it with the galagher fence and everyone has their house and all the things. But they can see each other really well cause they are together but separate by that hot fence. Tris and D.... blubbed and spit and carried on until at least one this mornin. Slick had his say in the matter too lol! Oh! There is a gate, the only part that is not hot. So the gate is THE place to be. These goobers are now with red tinged noggins from beatin up the gate most of the night and so tired they cannot even be bothered to stand and fuss at each other right now. They are just layin down blubbin and spittin and carryin on Lol! Boys are dumb!

2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

It sure it a challenge! I hope they will get over it and get along. Mine don’t!

Moers kiko boars and Sfgwife like this.

3. MadCatX

MadCatX Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    Clyde has been the same way lol...all day long blubbering, spitting, ramming everything. Yelling

Moers kiko boars and Sfgwife like this.
  4. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Oh I hear ya! I could write a book on how stupid mine are and how I will never try and be nice to them again by putting them in a pasture but short story, I have 3 in trailers or they are going to go on a one way trip.

Sfgwife and Moers kiko boars like this.
  5. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    LOL yeppers boys are dumb! I have Merlin in with 2 boer wethers and my two nigi wethers and up till now my two nigi wethers ruled the roost. Well, yesterday Merlin decided to challenge the two boers...lets just say it didn't go as planned... so instead of a Santa Hat he has a purple noggin from the bluekote LOL

Sfgwife and Moers kiko boars like this.
  6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Even at birth boys are dumb - girls latch right away and it always takes me 24 hours of instruction for the boys not to try to nurse everything else........

8. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

But you can’t be mad at them too long, it’s not their fault.
    And I always say, they were hired because they came with the right equipment. And at this time, they can only think with their little heads.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. MadCatX

MadCatX Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    Im just glad im not alone. the first time we ecountered buckling behavior we were like..>WTH is wrong with him..Now its like...WHY DOES HE do that? Hes a buck...totally normal..uh hes ramming a metal post...he'll quit and move on to the tree next to it...see there.

11. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

They don't think with their brains.

MadHouse, GoofyGoat and Sfgwife like this.
  12. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    My 3 boys are IDIOTS! Kinky at 275 lbs rules..but mighty TITAN ..FB myotonic is stubborn. And little man Ko..just runs..hes about 8 months old...so he can outrun the other 2. At night they split up to sleep. But they have to be able to get close to each other...or they are like crying babies...ALL NIGHT...WAHHHH..I WANT MY BUDDY...WAHHHHH.. Geez...ill be glad when they calm down.
    The girls dont even come out of their nice warm beds anymore. They are tired of it too...lol lol lol

13. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    Mine are idiots too. All three have bloody noggins and I wonder if the hair will ever grow back. At least they’re doing a good job mashing their scurs off.

I was hoping they’d come out of rut soon now that the last doe we’re going to breed has been exposed, but then the doelings have all now started going into heat...

14. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Jahhahahaha! I looked over them good thiis evenin at dinner feeds..... yep scurs gone, bloody noggins, d has a spot in the middle of his forehead that he has beat on the fence it is a bald raw spot. I am tempted to tape pool noodles to the gate rails lol! Eesh! Gotta find my bluekote tonight for fun adventures tomorrow. Joy joy.

15. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Wha...hooo
    A goat rodeo this morning...sounds like fun ;)
    I tried pool noodles on my hoop house and my dumb boys bit chunks out of them so make sure you totally cover them with duct tape or gorilla tape or they're worse than useless.
    Have fun..Oh, make sure Paul videos your rodeo I could use a laugh LOL ;)

16. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

I did a video yesterday at feeds. I just gotta upload it lol.

Moers kiko boars and GoofyGoat like this.
  17. Trollmor

Trollmor Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
  18. Chelsey

Chelsey Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2018
    I wish there were different ‘like’ buttons like Facebook has. I would have laughing faces at so many things you say!

19. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

And NO i am not havin him video the rodeo. Lol! D is a turd to catch... so he gets the spray from far away ugh! I will stand at the gate with bait before i go in to feed and get him. Lol. But it will have to be a perfect shot..... else we will try again in the mornin.

They have calmed down today though so yay! They are mostly ignorin each other.

20. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Aw come on... no rodeo shots...bummer :( Oh well maybe another time ;)