The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My kidding season is almost over - just one doe left to drop her load. It's been a very interesting year. I've had 22 kids born so far. My male/female ratio is just a little one-sided this year. I know we all wonder if we can influence the gender, but if I did, I want to know how to un-influence it, lol.

Out of my 22 kids, 19 are bucklings! Nineteen! I have one buck that has always thrown more bucklings than doelings, but he wasn't the only buck I used this year. I'm scratching my head over this. I'm not complaining as bucklings are very popular among my buyers, but gee whiz!

Just wondering if anyone else has had such a buck heavy year?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Girl I getcha! LOL! Our ratio of babies this year was more does than bucks, so I hope it will stay that way! :)

Of course, there was one year that I had 23 babies, and 17 were..... BUCKS! It's like bucks hate us for some boy reason, like ladies not to his liking! lol! ;) 🐐🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there was one year that I had 23 babies, and 17 were..... BUCKS!
YIKES!
I think this year is the first time I’ve ever had a much larger percentage of doelings.
That's great! I don't really "need" more doelings - but it would be nice to have a bigger pool to pick replacement does from. I guess it was a good thing I was determined not to keep any kids this year. (But, ya know, when you get a bee-you-tee-ful doeling sometimes you just can't help yourself, lol.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts