Brand New Buck!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by KW Farms, Nov 11, 2010.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I keep telling myself I am DONE buying bucks. I added a total of three new bucks this year...not including a couple retained bucklings. But i've gone and done it again. I've had my eye on this buck for awhile though and I finally got a chance to purchase him so how could I pass him up??

Introducing...Old Mountain Farm Zagnut Haze! Photo curtesy of Cheryle Moore.

[​IMG]

I also found out about his full sisters udder. Laura at Dawnland said her udder was very high and wide, with tons of capactiy and was one of her heaviest milkers when she had her, although her teats could have been placed better. I am pretty excited to see what we get from Zagnut. He is a pretty neat little buck and has a pedigree line bred to Tom Thumb.

Sire: Old Mountain Farm Ellison
    SS: Rosasharn’s Little Bear *S
    SD: Old Mountain Farm Ellavee

Dam: Rosasharn’s Hazelnut 4*D
    DS: ARMCH Rosasharn's Under My Thumb+*S'E'
    DD: ARMCH Rosasharn's P'Nut B'Udder Cup 3*D

Oh and while we were at the farm to pick up Zagnut there were some adorable kittens running around and since we were looking into getting some barn kitties we asked if they were getting rid of any and sure enough we brought three little cuties home. I'll try and post pics later. They are so sweet and sat on my lap for the 2 hour drive home.

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    COngrats on your new buck!!!!!! :D

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nice......congrats..... :thumb: :greengrin:

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

OOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYY FAAAAAAAAT GOOOOOOAT!!!!

That is such a pretty boy!! I LOVE MOOOOOONSPOTS~!!!

Seriously...I hate you lol.

Congrats

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I own his daughter - and I Tisie has an offspring (think son or grandson).

I am getting a few of Megan's Myos :)

6. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    he's beautiful! I'm going to have to make a road trip over the pass next summer to see your spread...How many goats do you have? Maybe I can arrange a 'date' if one of my girls is ready?
    Have fun with your new addition!

7. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks guys! We are pretty excited to have him.

Allison...Megan was saying you were coming to get some of the myos. Some of them look pretty rough, but with some TLC they should look much better by next spring. Zagnut is looking pretty ugly right now. Dewormed him this evening and gave him a BoSe shot...he needed it. I think he's in need of some quality hay and some daily graining as well to start looking better...he's pretty thin.

milk&honey...that would be awesome if you came to visit. You should come next summer when we start having kids born! We have around 75 registered nigerians...not including kids. We don't offer stud service though, sorry. ;)

8. RedStickLA

RedStickLA New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    Congrats! Pretty boy!

9. creekbottomgoats

creekbottomgoats Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    Congrats on your new addition! Pretty pretty! :thumb:

10. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Yep, I agree....he is very beautiful. Congrats.

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Yeah... I was thinking of getting a couple myos from her too but I can't afford anymore health testing right now.... ugh! :GAAH: Too bad because I like some of the lineage over there for sure. Allison who are you getting??? Maybe we'll have to do a kid trade next year. I'll let you do the health testing :ROFL: :angel2: :D

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ummmmmm - thanks - lol!

I am supposed to be getting Blaze, daphne, carissma, bunny foo foo, blue bell, and annie's doeling

13. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
  14. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Colorful and very nice lines. Hope he does well for you!

15. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  16. CrazyAcre

CrazyAcre New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Congratulations, he's a very flashy buck, lots of moonspots in those lines.
    Can't wait to see his kids..

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have one of his kids ... She is on my site :) her name is Hazel and momma be at snowdnacres has a son, robin I believe its a son or some relative.

18. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yep, Robin is his son. There are also quite a few kids of his on the Camanna website. Anna owned Zagnut for awhile.

19. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    He is a beautifully marked goat! I can see why you fell for him, He seems well put together.

KW Farms - Do you have a liquid nitrogen tank? Im planning to get one with my profits from spring kids because then I can buy all the "bucks" in the US instead of trying to find local or trying to drive a doe to the buck. and from $10-$50 can get you star linage to boot!

20. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks. :D

I don't have one, but would love to get one and take some sort of class on artificial insemination or have a breeder show me. It seems pretty easy...it would be great to have such a wide variety of bucks to choose from. I have plenty of bucks here though so no need for me to buy semen from outside bucks.

Have you checked out superior semen? I think it's called. It's a website with a bunch of goat semen straws for sale. Very cool.