Brandys turn? soon?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by nhsmallfarmer, Feb 3, 2009.

1. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I had a buck running with my does all summer into early fall, well now I know I saw him bred 2 of my does, and then theres Brandy, well she never came into heat and when posted pictures of her some said she was bred.
    so this am I go to out feed up and what do I see, a thin stream of fluid liquid coming out of her, feel the ligs, just about gone, she is up eating like nothing is going on. as of tonite no change, no more liquid either well she was talking softly just a bit more so maybe soon.
    this is a suprise to me though I really thought she would be my last one to go.
    i will keep you update

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hows her udder looking?
    Those girls are full of surprises aren't they?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like a long night ahead. Probably wont drop them till tomorrow though

4. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    8 pm barn check

Brandy laying down, talking softly

no more discharge

did get up to come over and let me pet her

tail seems to lean to the side now

I hope she holds out till the am, its gonna be cold and I still have to go buy a heat lamp, like I said I thought I had more time :hair:

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Hope she is crossing her legs til morning. :wink:

But just in case, you might want to make some :coffee:

6. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    no change on Brandy this am, no more goo no pawing just yawning and being very lazy udder full but not tight, she dont usually get a tight udder until after she kids.
    I moved her into her own pen as Holly kept pushing her around to much for my likings.

here are some pictures of her today tell me what you think?
    tail bone
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/nhhomestead/goats%202009/100_4772.jpg[/IMG

udder and pooch
    [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/nhhomestead/goats%202009/Brandyudder.jpg[/IMG

pooch
    [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/nhhomestead/goats%202009/Brandy.jpg[/IMG

Her eyes seem to look funny to me wht do you think of it?
    [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/nhhomestead/goats%202009/100_4774.jpg[/IMG

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    By how sunken she is she looks more than ready lol. I hope you get some healthy bouncing baby :girl: :baby: soon!

8. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    just got back from store, had to buy new battery for the baby moniter

i hear SCRATCH SCRATCH SCRATCH

when i check on her tonite she is walking around with hay in her mouth

so I am going to say its gonna be a long nite

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you poor thing :coffee:

10. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    still no kids :?

about 11 last night I went out I swear I could feel a kid kicking buy her ribs so now I dont knw what is going on. her ligs are gone and she has clear goo coming out of her not alot kinda like a childs runny nose

this as I went to check her she cant lift her back end by herself, I am hoping the kid(s) are just pinching a nerve, accually this is what I believe is going on but if someone knows different please let me know
    when she went to stand she couldnt so she dragged herself to her am food, I encouraged her to stand while I was lifting the back she got the front up no problem, I let her lean against me for about 20 seconds then stepped back praying she could hold her own she did accually stretched wagging her tail and went to the morning bathroom. no staggering just walked off like nothing happened

so anyways I am still waiting and waiting

11. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    you havent seen any contractions yet? If you have, you could always insert just 1 finger to see if something was there... that is , of course, assuming that she looks tired out from being in labour? DONT do it if she's not in labour, obviously. I had with Whiss that when I inserted 1 finger you could feel the hoofs there but no nose. Which is why she was just sitting there for hours without doing anything.

She looks from the pictures fairly ready to go! If you think she hasnt got enough energy you could dissolve molasses in warm water and let her drink it - that will help her. You may want to give her Vit B too.

Anyway... see how it goes

*hopes for babies*

LW

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Do you have any cmpk? I would try giving her some of that as well as molasses water.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah some calcium wouldnt hurt. Has she kidded yet?

14. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    nothing yet
    no more goo stuff either
    she is yawning ALOT and now starting to push her head against the wall while stretching, I think I saw a couple of contrations nothing with any rhyme or reason

I have calcuim tab (Rolaids extra calcuim) I gave her 2 in the am plus I have vitamin B complex tablets I gave her 2 she has been up and moving around since I helped her this am

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Just checking in to see how she is doing

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    sounds like putting her head against the wall she is starting to contract for you. Hope there are babies for you by now!!

Keep us updated!!!