The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Love My Passionate Babies
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not new to goats, but i was wondering if bread is good for goats? I feed my goats bread maybe once a month and they love it! So is it ok? Also i herd they can eat watermelon, what parts of it can they eat and is it good for them?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I feed my goats both bread and watermelon......they get bread everyday as a treat and watermelon when it's in season......I cut up the rinds when my kids are done eating it and they love it!!!!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I have never heard of bread before... but they can definitely eat watermelon! The rind, the flesh, the seeds, and any other part that you can think of!

·
Love My Passionate Babies
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh that is great news. No bread will ever be wasted again! I know when i feed it to them they about eat my fingers along with it. I now throw it in to them. Oh and my goats seem to love my horse treats. Do y'all think that is OK for them? And i am so glad about the watermelon, cus my mom loves to eat watermelon and i don't eat it, so now it wont go to waste!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I didnt know if bread was a good treat for them , darn , I just had a friend who works in a deli ask me if I wanted their day old bread !
I will have to go visit the deli now , lol. Gimme that bread !

And watermelon ! Im dying to see them chow down on
a big ol piece of that , lol

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
My girls LOVED the watermelon we had left over from our garden like LOVED it! LOL! It was so funny!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts