The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HaileyBailey
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good grief! This is the Goat Frenzy forum so I know this is in the right place. :p

I swear breeding season is more nerve wracking that kidding season. At least in kidding season I know there is a baby in there and it's going to come out at some point. Breeding season... well...

The girls have had ZERO interest, though I know its early yet. Today I noticed one doe being more vocal than normal and another doe making out with her. Ya, know... nuzzling each other with that "I'm so into you" look, arching her back, and OO La La... about her. So I grab both and put one in with buck Waller and one in with buck Comet. Both girls said, "Oh H*** No! Get me out of here!" and both ran in circles around the bucks. I gave it a few minutes to see if either would settle down, neither did, so I took them back to their pen. The bucks are very enthusiastic and I didn't want anyone overheating. It is still in the 100's here.

At least I'm starting to see some signs. No one is swollen, discharge, etc. so I wait... until tomorrow... when I get to do it all again... and wait... and... then again... until... I know it's still early... but still waiting... and hoping... and wishing... did I say waiting???

I can't wait for kidding season when I will be back here stressing out over that with you too and you can say, "But aren't you glad it isn't breeding season?" :D

·
14,615 Posts
:p Karen.

I think there's 4 or 5 left here. This year I have to stagger it cause there's four stalls & one bldg we use has hopeless roof leaks.
So, two down & two in right now & one of them hasn't been covered yet that I can tell.
But yeah I feel your hair pulling.
All good things to those who wait.:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
We have 4 in right now and another 6 to go! I love everything about breeding season except the smell. Atleast i know the dates on 3 of the 4! Fourth one I dont know if shes bred yet, shes in with a young buck so who knows. If not noticable in a week Shell go in with a different buck soon.

·
1,524 Posts
No one has started cycling yet.......except the buck. Who is now a very frustrated buck. I hook the girls on a picket line while I am milking, a picket line that goes alongside the bucks stall. He can visit with them while I am milking the one on the milk stand. Right now they are trying to head butt him, telling him to BACK OFF!!!!

I am just as happy about it though because I am not having them bred until late October.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I'm having the exact opposite problem! :rolleyes: All of my does are cycling like crazy, hollering, mewling, crying, and just being a royal pain in the butt!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts