The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
yeah , i do have 1 FB doe(she's preg.) and considering buying another from Kenai.. i'm probably not going to keep AP bucks, only fullblood.
I didn't know you had any fb does........alot I know...LOL.....Going just FB bucks is a good idea...Katrina. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
depends on the bloodlines, really. would it be from your stock or other farms? Also depends on how closely rwalted they would be to the buckling.

I just gotta find a shipper thing. I have a place to store it, and the same breeder is a vet tech, but no shipper.

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
depends on the bloodlines, really. would it be from your stock or other farms? Also depends on how closely rwalted they would be to the buckling.

I just gotta find a shipper thing. I have a place to store it, and the same breeder is a vet tech, but no shipper.
It will be from our new bucklings......these bucks are not at all related the buckling you are getting...... :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Here's a question: Charlotte's kids will be 88%. In what category would they be shown? (I'm still new at this breeding and breeds thing). :shrug:

My daughter is in the market for a quality Boer doe, possibly bred already. Charlotte is a really pretty girl. :love:

We're in central California, so finding a doe closer to home would be more convenient than one too far away, however for the right doe, I think we'd consider a longer drive.

Thanks.

Anna

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think she's interested in registered Boers, I'm not sure is she wants fullblood or purebred. I don't know what the difference is, so I'd love any info you all might supply.

Here's the focus for the new school Boer herd: healthy goats that breed and grow well and of course, the teacher wants the new goats to be able to be competitive in shows. He was really disappointed with the school herd when he saw them up against the other schools' animals.

Some of the students want to raise market Boers. My daughter wants to concentrate on owning a breeding doe or two.

Thanks for your interest. You TGS folks are the best! :leap:

Anna

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
I think she's interested in registered Boers, I'm not sure is she wants fullblood or purebred. I don't know what the difference is, so I'd love any info you all might supply.

Here's the focus for the new school Boer herd: healthy goats that breed and grow well and of course, the teacher wants the new goats to be able to be competitive in shows. He was really disappointed with the school herd when he saw them up against the other schools' animals.

Some of the students want to raise market Boers. My daughter wants to concentrate on owning a breeding doe or two.

Thanks for your interest. You TGS folks are the best! :leap:
Anna...Fullblood boer are 100% boer....and Purebred means that they started from another breed of goat ...such as boer buck to nubian doe makes it 50% offspring ...every time the offspring are bred ...the percentage gets higher until they are purebreds...in which are still not Full boer boer.... :)
We are kidding within 10 days......we have registered FB boer ....You had e-mailed me before about my goats...if your daughter wants show quality animals ...it will be 3 months before mine are ready to go...... :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think I have the whole story of what my daughter wants. In order to have market kids ready for the district fair in October, she wants to get a bred doe due in the spring, or a doe with nursing kids. By fall, there would be kids big enough for market. The goat students are trying to get other ag students involved in goats, so they'll need wethers for the projects.

Not sure I'm getting the whole gist of this, but what else is new? :shrug:

It's so fun trying to pry details from a 15 year-old. :hair:

Anna

21 - 34 of 34 Posts