The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bred our doe 'Maize' (Phoenix Farm Amaze Me) today!!! I'm SOOO excited!' She will be an FF and I can't wait to see her udder! She was bred to Phoenix Farm Justice, so there is a line breeding on MCH/GCH Twin Creeks Summer Knight*S*B (Whom I love!) so we are hoping for a doe to retain :D

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
How exciting! :) I hope you get more than one doe. :)
Several of my does suddenly decided to come into heat all at once today. :rolleyes: I had to resist the urge to let the buck with them, as I've just been learning about BoSe, and I would like to give them some of that before they're bred. Not that I'm in a huge hurry, but I do want kids, and I'm impatient. :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I hope so too! I would like for some to go to some good show homes! I personally think the udders on these doe kids should be real nice! (If Mazie's is anything like her moms I'll be happy :) )

LOL! We really weren't planning on breeding her now... But, how could I say no to her screaming begging ;) :ROFL:

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We were planning for March/April kids... But just couldn't help it! Lol!

Bo-Se is Selenium and vitamin E injection... Search 'copper and Bo-Se question' for a thread I started a little while ago.. There is tons of info on there :)

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
I'm waiting for mine to take. That is so exciting.Hope you have some nice does!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I really hope so too!!

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
:lovey::eek:hlala::fireworks:hoping for healthy kids.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My vet told me people usually do them in the fall - aids in fertility and the Pacific Northwest is selenium deficient.

·
375 Posts
I was aiming for kids in April/May but I couldn't wait either! I mean, there is a slight chance that she won't take this time and I'll have to repeat it! ;) I have young bucks and they are still figuring out what to do. So I'm breeding does whenever they come into heat from now on just in case they don't take the first time. I don't want January to come around and not have all my does bred!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My boys are young too.. One has been a ladies man from the time he was a tiny guy lol! The other, is a little slower but he bred one of our does yesterday... He just needs to learn to aim! He is just a bit too high... ROFL!!

·
375 Posts
Haha, same here! One of mine just stands there in awe when I bring him a doe! The look on his face is hilarious! :ROFL:

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha!! I think I know that look! :ROFL:

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Thank you! I hope so too! I would like for some to go to some good show homes! I personally think the udders on these doe kids should be real nice! (If Mazie's is anything like her moms I'll be happy :) )

LOL! We really weren't planning on breeding her now... But, how could I say no to her screaming begging ;) :ROFL:
I'll take screaming and begging over using a heat lamp in early spring. Planning for May-June babies here ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts