The Goat Spot Forum banner

Bred a doe today!! :D

3K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  milk and honey 
#1 ·
We bred our doe 'Maize' (Phoenix Farm Amaze Me) today!!! I'm SOOO excited!' She will be an FF and I can't wait to see her udder! She was bred to Phoenix Farm Justice, so there is a line breeding on MCH/GCH Twin Creeks Summer Knight*S*B (Whom I love!) so we are hoping for a doe to retain :D

#2 ·
How exciting! :) I hope you get more than one doe. :)
Several of my does suddenly decided to come into heat all at once today. :rolleyes: I had to resist the urge to let the buck with them, as I've just been learning about BoSe, and I would like to give them some of that before they're bred. Not that I'm in a huge hurry, but I do want kids, and I'm impatient. :)

#3 ·
Thank you! I hope so too! I would like for some to go to some good show homes! I personally think the udders on these doe kids should be real nice! (If Mazie's is anything like her moms I'll be happy :) )

LOL! We really weren't planning on breeding her now... But, how could I say no to her screaming begging ;) :ROFL:

#10 ·
We were planning for March/April kids... But just couldn't help it! Lol!

Bo-Se is Selenium and vitamin E injection... Search 'copper and Bo-Se question' for a thread I started a little while ago.. There is tons of info on there :)

#15 ·
I was aiming for kids in April/May but I couldn't wait either! I mean, there is a slight chance that she won't take this time and I'll have to repeat it! ;) I have young bucks and they are still figuring out what to do. So I'm breeding does whenever they come into heat from now on just in case they don't take the first time. I don't want January to come around and not have all my does bred!

#16 ·
My boys are young too.. One has been a ladies man from the time he was a tiny guy lol! The other, is a little slower but he bred one of our does yesterday... He just needs to learn to aim! He is just a bit too high... ROFL!!

#20 ·
Thank you! I hope so too! I would like for some to go to some good show homes! I personally think the udders on these doe kids should be real nice! (If Mazie's is anything like her moms I'll be happy :) )

LOL! We really weren't planning on breeding her now... But, how could I say no to her screaming begging ;) :ROFL:
I'll take screaming and begging over using a heat lamp in early spring. Planning for May-June babies here ;)

#21 ·
We should have been smart and done it that way..z but we didn't ... Lol! Oh well.. Not as long to wait for kids ;) we were going to breed next month anyway... We'll see if they settle or not...

#22 ·
I did the same thing with my ND doe (she's my only ND doe old enough to breed) :p at least I think she's bred, I kind of hope it didn't take, lol. I'd rather not have kids in the cold, and I am still learning about what to feed and all, so without realizing dropped her feed quite a bit right after breeding her. :/ I really want her to have multiples, so I really hope it didn't take so I can have another shot at breeding her while feeding lots of protein. :eek:

#24 ·
Busy Bee is wailing at us to let her make babies. I'm telling you, she loves babies so much, she feels like she needs to be pregnant, or nursing them at all times. We sold her last little baby and she went into depression for a few days. Ever since, she's been trying to dry up and make a break for the buck pen whenever she can -- and she's not even in heat! Poor thing. I told her she'll have more babies soon enough. :laugh:

#25 ·
Busy Bee is wailing at us to let her make babies. I'm telling you, she loves babies so much, she feels like she needs to be pregnant, or nursing them at all times. We sold her last little baby and she went into depression for a few days. Ever since, she's been trying to dry up and make a break for the buck pen whenever she can -- and she's not even in heat! Poor thing. I told her she'll have more babies soon enough. :laugh:
We had a little hen like that. She would sit and something would break up her eggs, she did that three times in a row. Do you know how hard sitting is on a hen? They rarely even get up to eat or drink. She finally hatched out some and I was so glad, then as soon as she weaned them she was back with the rooster.:hammer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.