The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to Goat Spot, Hope this post does right and that I am in the right forum. Anyway I have two Nigerian Dwarf does, one is 3 years old and I bought her 3 months ago her buck whether is 7 months old and I no longer have him. I still milk her but only getting a little over 2 cups a day now. She was bred August 11th through August 15th..The other doe is 14 months old she has never been bred until August 12th through the 16th. We were cleaning the 5 month old bucklings pen (unrelated and bred with both girls (unrelated) as above.. Anyway we put the bucklings in with the does for a few minutes but noticed they were chasing the girls and trying to mount them but the girls were running from them the whole time.. neither seem to be in heat. ( We just sold a 5 and 7 month doelings yesterday, one of them had been in heat, the bucklings were in a fully fenced in pen with 3 rooms but no way to get to the young doelings, after selling the doelings yesterday is when we put them in with the adult does.. we separated them again real fast the girls wouldn't allow them to breed.. So my question is does this mean the adult does are in beginning heat and the first breeding last month didn't take or what.. We had one doe in one pen last month and put one buckling in with her and we had put the other doe in a pen by herself and put the other buckling in with her for that time and I know they had done their thing quite a few times ( like 19 for sure that I know of that I seen, not sure how many time when I wasn't out there during the 5 or 6 days. Will a young buckling go after a doe when she's been bred and nearing 23 days after? Thank you.

·
8,161 Posts
Bucks just like to try! I have a doe that will stand for the buck no matter how pregnant! Bucks usually try to mount does, other bucks, and if they could manage it, they'd mount themselves! Those hormones can be powerful!

Oh, Welcome to the Goat Spot! :groupwelcome:

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:cowboy:
I am no help with that question. lol

·
Fair-Haven
4,710 Posts
If the girls are not interested, then to me that is a better indicator as to whether or not they are bred. I have two bucks together and they will mount each other because a doe is not available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE: My 3 year old still runs from the buck we have for her,, so far she isn't in heat so we put him back in his pen by her... This morning The 14 month old was backed up to the fence with her tail wagging for her buck in his pen by her.. so I opened the gate and let him in with her..and he had bred her 3 times while I was out there earlier she is no longer running from him.. so I just left him in the pen with her. I just hope my 3 year old is pregnant already from 25 days ago. Thank you everyone for your answers. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts