The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a bad breech birth with my Boer/pygmy mixed doe. We lost the kid and now it looks as if there is some kind of placental bubble protruding about the size of a tennis ball that won't seem to come loose. I'm hoping it's not a prolapsed uterus but since I haven't seen this condition I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
14,615 Posts
Did you assist in the breech?
What you see is either the sac of the breech kid OR another kid. A prolapse would be red & fleshy.
Sounds like time to check internally.

·
Super Moderator
59,300 Posts
It is probably either the placenta or another kid. I would go in and make sure there are no other kids in there.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Definitely get your hands around and feel in there. If you cant come to a conclusion, maybe post a picture?

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
good thought sent!!!!

·
2,203 Posts
Be sure she's done and empty! Prolapse you can definitely tell that something is wrong. Almost looks like her insides are hanging out. Very obvious difference between vaginal wall/uterus and placental fluids.

Sending crossed fingers and happy thoughts everything goes smooth from here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks everyone for all the help and positive energy. I did assist in the birth (not fun). The kid was enormous, biggest I have ever seen. It's a shame he didn't make it. It took almost two hours to get him out. The uterus has receded after a good cleaning and a little help. She seems fine today but a little sad so I gave her a hug...she seemed to need it. (;

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
Awe sorry about that...its great your doe is recovering..be sure to have her on PenG for 5 days since she had such a hard time with her uterus...lots of TLC and rest..Hugs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts