The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
What breed is she?

I've only bred one doe at 7 months. She was huge and very mature....perhaps over mature.
She kidded on her 1 year birthday with triplets, did great! She kidded again within a few days of her 2nd and 3rd birthday, both times with triplets. She's still a large, hardy, mature doe. Her daughters are the same way. Generally though, I would not push a kid that young.

I have April kids that are pushing 90# but they are too immature to breed, not matter what they tell me LOL

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
What breed is she?

I've only bred one doe at 7 months. She was huge and very mature....perhaps over mature.
She kidded on her 1 year birthday with triplets, did great! She kidded again within a few days of her 2nd and 3rd birthday, both times with triplets. She's still a large, hardy, mature doe. Her daughters are the same way. Generally though, I would not push a kid that young.

I have April kids that are pushing 90# but they are too immature to breed, not matter what they tell me LOL
I am SO thankful B has not done that...... yet! Hahahaha. I fear she will be another screamer with it. Ugh. She was a late feb kid.

And! Do you have the i dont wannas today like me? Hahahha

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually breed does past 7mo, but not later than 10mo (if possible of course), but I was just questioning since she was so huge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts