The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I have a friend that wants her Mini-Alpine doe bred but she can't afford to buy or rent a buck, I offered to let her doe visit with my Nubian buck because he throws slinder small-headed babies. She is around 7 years old and has kidded 5 times with twins each time. She's in great shape and will be in good hands when kidding, She is almost as tall as my buck and I think she weighs about the same as him.
Would this breeding be dangerous for the doe? All of my bucks babies have had small narrow heads and long slender bodies, would that make it easier for her?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's at least 6 inches smaller than my Nubain girls, but I don't know what gen she is or exactly how tall she is, I do know she is 8 inches taller than her registered ND herd mates.
Not sure that helps any.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
I bred my F1 mini-Nubian last year and this year to a full Nubian. I knew what kind of kids he threw and I knew how she kidded. THose little 5lb mini-nubian babies just fell out of her when she kidded lol.

Last year the boys she kidded with the PB Nubian were 7lbs and they slipped out like butter. SHe had no issues. Shes only a touch smaller than my standard Nubians but she's got a lot of body depth and is wide. I think in those situations, you have to know what the buck does and how the doe kids and her body, which you do. SO I'd be ok with it the way it sounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts