I didn't want to hijack the other thread that asked about being too young to breed. My little Nigerian, Aggy, was born May 12th. Being in Michigan, I would really prefer for babies to be born in May to make sure the weather is warm enough. So she is only going to be 6 months old tomorrow (Nov. 12th). IF I were to breed her to get a May baby, she would have to be bred next month where she would only be 7 months old. That seems extremely young to me and I don't think she has stopped growing because she is still noticeably smaller than my Pygmy. So, I would say that's out of the question. When do you suggest I breed her? Ideally I would love the babies to have all a Michigan summer to grow and be bigger to be able to stand the winter. However, if I wait another year now I'm reading where she might get fat and darn it, I want babies! What would you do? Aggy's health is my utmost concern. Would it be okay to have babies later in the summer? Do I wait until Aggy is a year old and then have babies in October - which is fall and starting to get chilly here.