The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 does that I have the opportunity to breed to a spotted buck. I can't remember about how spots come about? I know we talked about it on another thread but I have forgotten which one so I thought I would start a new one. I have a black doe with white trim and a brown doe with white underbelly/white splash on her side and white poll. What are the chances of getting spots if I bred them to a spotted buck? We would LOVE a spotted goat!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the buck does have moonspots, then there is a chance for moonspots on the offspring.
Man! That sounds fabulous!!! I may end up breeding my 8 month olds then too!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
am getting a doe bred this weekend, she isn't moon spotted, but bred to this buck she throws WONDERFUL babies!

her and kid (yes she is way to skinny for me, going to work with her)

her last kid

Dad (poor shot but you get the idea)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's very encouraging!! Thanks! That baby is adorable!!

·
1,524 Posts
Just make sure the buck is strong where your doe is weak, don't be blinded by the flash. You can't milk flash. So many people keep bucks for breeding just because they are flashy, even if their conformation and dams milk production is horrible. Fastest way to ruin your herd.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It may be my only option for this next breeding season but I'm wanting to AI my girls the following year to a fabulous buck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts