Breeding Frenzy!!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes my does are all going in heat at the same time and I like the looney thing I am have been breeding. I had 7 does in heat alone yesterday. Anna, Faith, Hallelujah, Fuchsia, Cha-Cha, Secrets and Whimsey. I'd already bred Fuchsia, Cha-Cha, Secrets and Whimsey before so I rebred Fuchsia, Cha-Cha and Whimsey. I bred Hallelujah yesterday and Olympia today since she came in heat. What was I thinking????? So I now have 5 due within 2 days of one another if they settle. Crazy! :shocked:

Fuchsia x River 1-23-10
    Cha-Cha x Crescendo 1-23-10
    Whimsey x Revelation 1-24-10
    Hallelujah x River 1-24-10
    Olympia x Indigo 1-25-10

That is the start to our 2010 kidding schedule! I chose to wait to breed Secrets since she was bred to kid 1-4 so I'll catch her next heat for Feb babies. Anna was suppose to be bred for this Fall but I guess that didn't happen. Same with Whimsey. So I waited on Anna too. I'll catch her for Feb too. Lots more to come!!!!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know the feeling..... :doh: :help:
    I had "all" my does... kid within 1 week......
    In one day ...I had 4 kidding out ...at the same exact time... all had the bubbles ... 2 of which... needed assistance.....thankfully ...I had a goat breeder buddy... visiting at the same moment....and helped with 1 ....so I could... help the other.............man... was that alot of work..... :shocked:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Should be a busy week for ya!! I love breeding season..so fun to pick and choose who goes together! Although...those boys...boy do they get stinky! :sick: I know how ya feel though. I had 3 does kid in one day and 6 in one week! Stressful time for me....very very stressful. :hair: Bur so rewarding once all the kids are there! And it's always nice for the kids to have other kids to play with!

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes I will be kicking myself later I'm sure. :p Last year not one doe cycled before October. I was so thankful this year because of how cold it wound up being. I sure hope its a lot more mild this winter. I've got Secrets, Anna, Raven, Gwen (if she didn't settle for Fall) and Mariposa (if she didn't settle for Fall) for February babies. About 4 juniors for March or possibly into April too. I'm so eager for kidding season! Long time away though. :D

5. grandmajo

grandmajo Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Boy oh boy, are you going to be one busy gal! I'm thinking that you better get some good insulated socks and some hand warmers though, just in case......just kidding, no way it could be as cold as it was last year.

6. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Me too!! I can't wait!

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    This year we had a buck year so I hope we have a 50/50 or doe year next year. That would be awesome!

8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    All my does bred this month, so we'll be having a busy January!

I had a buck year too. Six bucks out of six kids. What a way to start in the goat hobby. :ROFL:

I REALLY want to keep a doe or two our of Hope, and a doe out of Snowflake, so here's hoping!

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Wow, my odds weren't that bad, but we had 8 does to 12 bucks. Not a very bad number really. I kept 6 of the doe kids.

10. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    I had a buck year, too. I'm hoping for does this year, as is everyone! :) Bred 3 does today and another a couple of days ago. Everyone is coming in at the same time, it seems. Hubby said, "are you crazy? breeding them all at once?" I said, "it's either that or wait a month..." hahaha! Might as well do it while they wanna...

11. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    We had such a buck year this year. It was terrible. Probably 70% bucks! I am crossing my fingers for 70% does next year!!

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Sorry guys...I had an 7-1 doe year!

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My goodness.....I cannot imagine even having as many goats as you have does Ashley!

I will be praying that you still have your hair and sanity left when they all decide to keep you sleepless :hug:

I normally just have 3 girls to kid.....any more than 3 does milking 2 x a day would be more than enough milk for my use.

Since I just had Binky and Angel freshen in March I just got 3 kids....2 bucks and 1 doe

This year I will add Bailey as a FF and hope that Hank throws girls as he usually does!

My plans are for March kids once again:
    Binky and Chief Mid October
    Angel and Teddy Mid/Late October
    Bailey and Hank First of October

With these girls freshening I'll still end up with 4 does in milk as Bootsie is still being milked 1x a day and giving just over a pint!

14. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    lol I am planning on trying to get everyone bred in groups this year. It's so much easier that way. Especially since I pull kids to raise on CAE prevention. I don't want them spraddled out, 1 here, 1 there, 2 weeks later another one....nope I want groups so the kids can be on lambars together.

I have 4 kidding in Jan if they settle the first time around. Orchy, Hannah, and Leah will be due around the 25th and Delilah is due the 19th. Going for 3 does due in march with 1 straggler in April. lol And that's only becuase I want a junior kid if she would happen to bless me with a doeling.

And yup my boys are stinking to. Infact I was still half asleep when I went to get orchy from the buck pen this Am to milk andput her in with the does. Zepher is RANK...his stench quickly woke me up. :GAAH:

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I like the kids growing up together. They do well that way.

I've had a lot more goats than this before, but it was always kaotic to me so I had to cut the herd. I try to hang around 25 animals total now. Its a number I handle well and the animals thrive at.

I'm trying not to overdue the super cool temps for babies. I'll be cursing myself come January as it is. Hahahahaha :doh:

:ROFL: