Breeding Issues

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RowdyKidz, Nov 15, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I was almost POSITIVE that 3 of my does were bred. They were all in standing heat and bred to the same buck. 2 for Feb and the other for April. And within the last week all three of them showed signs of tail wagging, riding other does, and a clear discharge. Plus some have been flirting with the bucks...

My thing is, is I SAW them bred, evidence and all, and I can't believe they ALL came back into heat! I've bred does to different bucks and they've settled.

So do you think they are in heat? Or just a false heat?

PS -- Their pooches look like they are open.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It sounds to me like they are open. :(

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Looks like they didn't settle. I know Shannon (poppy patch) is having a heck of a time trying to get her does settled. They just don't seem to be taking. Maybe you could pm her.

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Okay, thanks.

Do you think that there's a reason why the does bred to that one buck didn't settle? Could he be sterile or something? Or still shooting blanks? He's almost 3.

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You might have caught them late in their heat cycle. I know I bred two does late in their heat cycle and they pulled 5 day heats on me.

Also you can try feeding red raspberry leaves for does that are hard to settle.
    http://www.bulkherbstore.com/articles/r ... rnes-goats

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It is a possibility that the buck is sterile, but I would give it another shot, maybe even put them in with the buck a few days before they are due to cycle again and see if they'll settle the next time around. I think their is a vitamin supplement that will boost fertility you can give them. Vionate, I think it's called.