Breeding lineup for Spring 2010

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by liz, Sep 6, 2009.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Planning for a mid October breeding, this will be "experimental" as both have shared lines. registerable AGS and NDGA nigi's
    Hollow Ache R Binkey
    [​IMG]
    Rockabilly Ranch Chief
    [​IMG]

Unregistered pygmy/nigi pets. Planning a mid October breeding
    Angel
    [​IMG]
    Teddy
    [​IMG]

FF Bailey unregistered pygmy/nigi pets, planning a first of October breeding.
    [​IMG]
    Hank: unregistered pygmy
    [​IMG]
    Pedigree's can be seen on my website. Input on wether the kids from Binkey and Chief should be registered is appreciated. :)

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The reason for these pairings:
    Binky already had twin does to Hank...not by my choice :wink: And I don't really want to pay a stud fee or transport her to have her bred because I have Chief, even though they are Aunt/Nephew....which is why this is an experimental breeding, she is also polled and though Chiefs breeder says he was horned and disbudded, Chief has thrown 5 polled kids out of 8 and with 3 different does, so I will be very anxious to see if these kids are "normal".

Though Angel's udder is very disappointing to me, she is milkable though not very capacious and she fed her babies very well the last 2 freshenings...this pairing is for pets with color as they really surprised me with the kids they had this past Spring. Teddy will be neutered after she settles as he has grown to be a very aggressive buck and has gotten taller than I like.

Bailey is a FF and so that Hank has a purpose here as he is Angel and pet Heidi's daddy, Bailey will be the only doe he covers.
    Bailey's dams udder was decent for a pygmy/nigi cross, nice teats and high rear so I am anxious to see if I can replace Angel as a milker.In a week or two Honey Hollow Penny will join my little registered nigi herd and will likely be bred next fall to Chief.

Chief throws very dairy like kids, dainty in leg and long in body, small at birth too.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would be pretty nervous about the pairing with Chief and Binky. . . none of the three does Chief bred were polled? If not, that is awfully strange.

Nice breedings you have planned!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am sure it will be all right and I am 99% positive all goats will be normal :thumb:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes, each of the does that had the polled kids had horns.

I too think the kids will be fine, it's not like they are very close in bloodlines, it's the possible polled thing that has me nervous.

Binky's sire and dam were polled and she's obviously normal, Chiefs dam was polled his sire horned.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow hank is handsome, good luck with your pairings!! :thumb:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank You Katrina....he's my boy!

The pics never really show his true size :( He is 18" at the shoulder and a very mild mannered boy.

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow he's small! pics dont show his size for sure. oh well he's a beaut!

9. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Yep, it's that time of year already. My folks moved one of their Saanen bucks by the doe pen today-so hopefully within a week or two the breeding season will begin here. Although hopefully none of my does end up having those Saanen cross things.

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Babies, babies and babies! The time has arrived already. Can't wait to see the new arrivals of 2010! I think you'll be fine with your breedings too.

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I'd be more nervous about the polled thing than if they are too closely related but it should all be fine. :)

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It is just odd to me that a "horned and disbudded" buck would be throwing polled kids :shrug:

Even wierder is the fact that though Angel is horned, her dam and maternal grandsire are polled and her doeling to Chief was horned :?

Chief's dam and maternal grandparents were polled, his sire disbudded :shrug: